Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wiper motor Delco Alternative - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wiper motor Delco Alternative

First I must apologize for the delay, life and health sometimes get in the way. Can’t post pictures but this is really pretty simple.  Bosch number is 0 390 241 132. Fits 98-99 VW Passat and 96-01 Audi A4. You may be asked if the car has a blue or green dash, color doesn’t matter. The motor is the same,only the controls are different. Rearrange the wires in the ORIGINAL plug as follows. Hold the plug with the lock tab facing you, wires pointing away from you. Left to right, green, blue/light green, black, red/light green, blue/light green. When you fit the plug to the motor,  green should be farthest from the moter, blue/green closest. Remove arm from Bosch motor and fit plug to motor. Your going to use the original lotus arm. Test the motor. You should have all the original functions,  2 speeds, intermittent and park (rest) in the same position after each function. If not, check rearranged wires for proper position. If correct, check other components, switch or relay, for function. If fuse blows, check rearranged wires. Install new motor using Lotus drive arm. Lotus arm has a slightly larger serration than the Bosch, however the taper is the same. Lotus arm fits lower than the Bosch arm. The 3 mounting bolts have a slightly raised edge. REMOVE this edge from the top of the hex for arm clearance. Use the original bolts or new ones provided with the motor. Fit the wiper linkage to the new motor. Think I saw proper adjustments here recently. I put this motor in an allmost daily driver 18 months ago and it is still functioning great.  

Note.   Forgot to mention, lock tab on original plug no longer functions, in almost 50 years (yeah I’m an old guy) I’ve never had a wiper plug fall off. Secure it if it makes you feel better.                                     Try it. I’ll watch for questions. If there’s any interest in how to adapt an old SnapOn anilizer “red brick “ to read codes I will post.                                                                   Have fun———It’s not worth it if you don’t 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic