free hit
counters
Feedback on Komo- Tec EX370 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Feedback on Komo- Tec EX370

Gordon S

I’m considering getting the EX370 Kit. There’s surprisingly little online chat about it so I assume not a huge number have been sold. 

For any of you who do have it:

Did you notice much of an improvement in the standard V6’s stodgy throttle response?

Can you describe the noise difference (if you noticed any)?

Noticeably quicker?

I see £1,400 for an intake and a remap as being quite a bit of money. But will probably do it if the feedback suggests it makes a real difference. 

As an aside - it amazes me that the likes of Lotus design cars without putting any proper thought into the air box..... Anyway... 

Thanks

G. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gordon S said:

it amazes me that the likes of Lotus design cars without putting any proper thought into the air box

Cars are designed from the factory to operate in a broad range of conditions for a long time and with warranty - relative gains of cool ricer style air intake are not justified for a risk these contribute for a safe and reliable operation of the car.

I had an EX370 kit done on my 350 by H111 recently and am very pleased. Revs more freely, noticeable power increase and a tiny bit of supercharger whine. I understand that there is a more noticeable difference still on a standard V6S.

26 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

Thanks for replying. Why would there be a more noticeable difference on a V6S?

Air box changed from v6 to 350, but wouldnt have thought it would made any difference to power etc?

Archived