free hit
counters
Steering wheel vibration - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Steering wheel vibration

Running in (just reached 600 miles) accelerated  up to about 90mph and encountered noticeable vibration through steering wheel., backed off and vibration stopped.

known issue or a tyre/geo problem?

TIA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Akajak said:

Problem was a nail in the middle of the tyre which I hadn’t spotted 😞 new cup 2 being fitted tomorrow,  (luckily) only need 1 due to small amount of miles covered.

Crikey, not cheap but at least you didn't find out the wrong way at speed!

16 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

Snap. Offside rear. 4K miles on the Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyre. 

Should I get two rather than replace the one?

Depends on the tread difference, if its still like new then nah, but if you're down to say 4mm then just replace them both and keep the old one as an emergency tyre

@Andy Norman, it may still start snowing - and you've got a head start with first steps into studding the tires! ;-)

Jokes aside, I'd just change both - my tires last 10k miles a set on average so far. So 4k miles should take them through 25-50% of life depending on the driving style.

Archived