Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Seeking Brand New 8x3 Inches Speakers For S3 Esprit - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Seeking Brand New 8x3 Inches Speakers For S3 Esprit

xande007

Hi there,

I am new to this newsgroup.

I have searched the subject in detail in this forum, before making this post. Maybe you can help.

I've decided to replace the original 8x3 inch speakers of my S3 Esprit (1981) with brand new 8x3 inch speakers. However, the audio experts at the shop have informed me that NO ONE makes 8x3 inch speakers anymore.

Is that true? If not, where can I buy brand new 8x3 inch speakers (any make, as long as they are brand new).

I'm in Manchester (England).

Thanks in advance.

Alexandre

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alexandre,

Welcome to the forum! :no (I think I've seen you on the S1S2S3owners yahoogroup?)

I, too, have been looking for 8x3 inch speakers for my S1 and they do appear to be obsolete/unavailable. I've been looking in North America.

I've found that a standard European-style 4x6 inch speaker fits in the same space without interfering with the window mechanism. I will just be cutting a piece of wood or sound proofing barrier to the shape of the opening of the 4x6 to isolate the speaker and gluing it to the inside of the door panel, and then mounting the speaker as usual.

- Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Hi Alexandre

I'm out near Glossop and we have Phil (noneshallpass) in Swinton. Whereabouts are you? We should meet up sometime and share a beer. Have a look for the NMEG meets. Although they're officially North Midlands quite a few N. Westerners join in. Come and join us!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

well to my surprise, while i had the door cards off mine the other day i found that even though the car had, had an alpine system installed at some point the original speakers are still in there looking as good as new.

i will have to take them out for you , and make sure but if they are ok but if they are fine and working then i will gladly sell them onto you as they are not needed in my car.

• 1 month later...