free hit
counters
410 geo - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

410 geo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

two questions: the geo level 410 factory out geometry is already well adjusted?

I would need 2 setup dampers:

* original height and height for the circuit outputs

* it's easy to adjust?

Thank you.

Do not rely on the factory output geo being close to what it should be!

Changing the height will change the geo. If you are ony doing the odd track day, better to just pick a height you are happy with and get the geo done and leave it alone, otherwise you will spend a fortune on geo alignments.

Damping can be adjusted keeping the wheels on the car if you become clever with your hands, so play with that at the track.

So sourced the factory settings. It’s simply to ensure they are are the correct setting before any fiddling starts as some others on here have done 😁 

Factory front camber at - 0.8 degrees is less than I thought so will move that more along with a small drop in ride height. 

Black n gold

• 2 weeks later...

Merci. 

1 - je demande au garage de vérifier la géo quand elle arrive. 

2 - je comprends pas bien, si je change la hauteur de la voiture, le reste par en erreur ? 

• Gold FFM

Without delving too far into the science or the maths of it all, I would expect camber to change with a change ride height.

If camber changes, I would also expect a change in toe settings to accompany it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 months later...
On 01/05/2019 at 13:44, Stubox said:

So sourced the factory settings. It’s simply to ensure they are are the correct setting before any fiddling starts as some others on here have done 😁 

Factory front camber at - 0.8 degrees is less than I thought so will move that more along with a small drop in ride height. 

Hey @Stubox can you share the 410 settings please?  TIA

tx

• 1 year later...

Stu, did you find a big difference to the handling after the set-up?

I did my first trackday at oulton the other day and I'm in no way a driving god but I did get the feeling I was on the edge of available grip yet track set up fiestas and civics were cornering quicker.