Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A/c Receiver/dryer - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

A/c Receiver/dryer

I am trying to source a new receiver/dryer for my Esprit. I understand Parker-Hannifin makes a unit that will fit. The first part number I have (207504) turns out to be a date stamp. In the Stevens forum, someone posted that the V8 uses the Parker-Hannifin unit from a 76-84 Volvo 240. Any reason to think a unit from the mid-80s for the V8 isn't the same for an 86 Turbo Esprit?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried finding a parker unit for my 91SE....had no luck. I did find an *identical* Parker-Hannifin unit, but it had O-Ring fittings vs. the flare fittings of the Lotus SE. Parker did not have a dryer that used flare fittings. Do the 86 Esprits have flare fittings also?

Your other option was a O-Ring to Flare converter, but I couldn't find one...i dont know if they even exist.

The Parker Hannifin catalog is online (PDF) and you can spend hours looking at the AC parts they make.

If you find anything it I'd be interested to know.

-Chandra

91SE

I am trying to source a new receiver/dryer for my Esprit. I understand Parker-Hannifin makes a unit that will fit. The first part number I have (207504) turns out to be a date stamp. In the Stevens forum, someone posted that the V8 uses the Parker-Hannifin unit from a 76-84 Volvo 240. Any reason to think a unit from the mid-80s for the V8 isn't the same for an 86 Turbo Esprit?

Edited by chandrab

Chandra,

Since posting my message, someone pointed me to a Four Seasons unit. I don't know what I need. I attached an image of the specs - does this look like it might work?

dryerSpecs.doc

Edited by olfac87

Hi Guys.

You can buy the adaptors to allow you to fit the 'O' ring type new unit to your existing flare compression fittings. I just used two (No 8 and No 10) so that I could replace the R12 compressor with a new R134a in my SE. No problems at all.

http://www.rparts.com/Catalog/Installation...ber_h&f.asp

They are only a few USD each.

Edited by igreenrover