Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel Pressure regulation - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel Pressure regulation

A recommended fuel pressure for Dellorto carbs is 3 - 4 psi. My Elite came with a Facet Electric / Electronic Fuel Pump Model Number 40106 which delivers fuel between 4.5 and 7 psi and no in-line pressure regulator. 

I intend to use the Facet pump to supply fuel to a 912 HC engine with Dellortos. Should I replace the Facet with an electric pump that supplies 3 - 4.5 psi (Model no. 40105) or fit the 40106 with an inline pressure regulator to reduce the feed pressure?

What think You?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Ideally fit a Malpassi Filterking as it gives you regulation as well as a working filter. Motorsport proven and been around since the beginning of time - ebay will have second hand ones.

My excel had a non standard fuel pump and it overpowered the needle valve on the rear carb causing fuel to be everywhere. Elite Flambe' is best avoided. I fitted a malpassi filterking that I bought from ebay complete with fuel pressure gauge (which I left in).

The other option is to buy a standard SU type pump with a solid state control system rather than the points. I now run an electronic SU pump on my eclat.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Malpassi-filter-king/183862888457?hash=item2acf150809:g:AokAAOSwub1dFLr6

new (in basic non gauge port form) :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MALPASSI-FILTER-KING-FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-67mm-GLASS-BOWL-MOUNTING-KIT/282173015817?epid=1534170239&hash=item41b2d28709:g:GGsAAOSwB09YRr-M

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SU-AZX1308E-Electronic-12V-Fuel-Pump-for-Austin-Healey-Jaguar-E-Type-Mk2/323296982045?epid=1426303927&hash=item4b4600741d:g:~bQAAOSwYlJW5D9e

Hello Duncan,

Thanks for the reply and leads.

I found Malpassi pressure regulators during my initial search for answers on the web - they do as many as Facet do electric pumps!

Can you tell me what fuel pressure  you run at at the carbs, please? That would be very useful to know.

Where did you fit the regulator. I think the best place would be close to the carbs so that you can see the pressure gauge when setting the carbs up. 

Thanks

Brian

Yes, underbonnet probably would be best, but I fitted the malpassi filterking in the boot of the excel. I set the pressure to 3.5 psi. I wasn't able to measure the output pressure of the facet clone pump that the previous owner fitted, but I had no more issues with fuel waterfalling out the airbox after I fitted the regulator.