Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eclat for sale - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Eclat for sale

Reluctantly putting the éclat on ebay. Thought I'd let you know incase anyone's looking.

Max

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-ECLAT-S1-521-Metallic-Silver-Mechanically-restored-and-sound-unfinished/283538784167

• Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Max, nice car, I note from your add on ebay  "Ideal as a London every day car", historic vehicle rules state the vehicle can't be used on a daily basis. Hate you to mislead someone and get in trouble with Big Brother.

Best of luck with the sale.

John

• Like 1

Rob, 

A very good question, one which I should has asked, in answer there is a letter in this months Practical Classics mag that I read just the day before my post above, I have spent the afternoon on line and have emailed the FBHVC for a definitive answer. I cannot find on the DVLA web site any information regarding the use of historic vehicles that supports my statement. There is a link in the DVLA web site to the FBHVC web site to talk to a Historical Vehicle expert, which I have done.

So it would appear that I may/might/possibly be WRONG.

If in doubt check first, I'll update this topic when/if I get a reply from the FBHVC.

Regards to all, John

Hi John,

many thanks for the update, it does seem curious to have a vehicle definition with exemptions from tax and MOT testing but without matching constraints on usage... maybe it’s buried in the legislation or somewhere within the charging policy?

BR

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all, below is the reply I have received from the BHVC. Very pleased to say I was wrong, there will be a stiffly worded correspondence going to PC mag, they should have checked/spotted it was wrong ( as I should have ).

Good morning

I am sorry it has taken a little while for me to get back to you on your query. Our Secretary, Emma Balaam, did refer it to me immediately and the delay is all mine.

I am happy to be able to assure you that there are not currently any restrictions on the use which may be made of a vehicle which is in the “historic” taxation class. Thus such a vehicle may be used as a daily driver should its owner so wish. Nor am I aware of any current proposals of any kind in the UK to restrict the number of miles which a historic vehicle may travel in a year in the UK. Of course we do not know what restrictions the various Low Emission and Clear Air Zones currently being introduced might impose, though most will probably have a historic exemption.

I trust this will set your mind at rest.

Best regards

Bob Owen

Director – Legislation

Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs

Regards to all, John

Interesting.

As most will know, there is now an Ultra Low Emissions Zone charge thats live in London charging vehicles (including motorbikes) £15 a day to visit central london. Historic Vehicles are exempt.

Whilst my current bike sneaked in after a battle, I was thinking of the possibility of a classic bike for the daily London commute. Seems it might be viable.