Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So we have a forum?! - Page 5 - New Zealand - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So we have a forum?!

Sam Downey

On 17/02/2022 at 09:33, Exigo said:

Sorry I missed you Sam.  I assume you're heading back today?

Everyone is on the New Plymouth trip now, saw Sam's car driving past the Newmarket Viaduct this morning purely by coincidence. I was driving in the opposite direction in my daily heading to work. Awesome looking Exige!

Enjoy the club trip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 17/02/2022 at 09:33, Exigo said:

Sorry I missed you Sam.  I assume you're heading back today?

Sorry Jason, I picked up the car and came down with the guys for the New Plymouth run. It was a great weekend.

What news of your car?

On 18/02/2022 at 23:30, lueysgarage said:

Everyone is on the New Plymouth trip now, saw Sam's car driving past the Newmarket Viaduct this morning purely by coincidence. I was driving in the opposite direction in my daily heading to work. Awesome looking Exige!

Enjoy the club trip

Thanks Luan! It was a great trip!

Same to you, has your car landed yet? They can't be far away?!

36 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

Sorry Jason, I picked up the car and came down with the guys for the New Plymouth run. It was a great weekend.

What news of your car?

Thanks Luan! It was a great trip!

Same to you, has your car landed yet? They can't be far away?!

Nope...end of the month its landing...have been tracking its progress and its getting close to Singapore

Good to hear you had a good weekend.  Sounds like you're taking a bit of lead role in Lotus Wellington?

Watching my ship sit at anchor off Le Havre for the last approx four weeks has been excruciating.  Nobody's fault but painful nonetheless.  Of course the delays will add several thousand to the price of the car too. Sold the 964 too early and have missed having a toy car all summer.  First world problem.

Yes maybe it's a first world problem, but still relevant. Can't be helped now I guess. Hoping this weather settings down so you get some nice Autumn driving days in the new machine!

I'm just trying to get some activity going so we can enjoy the cars more. I'm a little sceptical that we'll get much attendance to runs etc, but we have to start somewhere! :)

• 10 months later...

Hi NZ! 

Didn't realise there was an NZ club on here :).    moved here a few years back, my cars are still in the UK but hope to bring one of them over soon.
Ive seen a couple of lotus` around Wellington and wondered if it`s anyone on here? (seen a red eclat and a white elan M100 around town)

• Like 2

Hi Mark! That's great! Although I bet shipping is expensive these days.

I'm up the Kapiti Coast with an Elise (for sale 😢) and Exige.

I think there is a red Excel around but haven't seen the Eclat or M100. I've seen one or two M100's over the year's locally but don't remember a white one, probably a BRG and red? I'm talking years ago.

Are you with Club Lotus NZ? There is about 8-9 members in the lower North Island. Most of the membership is in and around Auckland. There are 2 Elan's (originals) around and obviously a few Elise's about too.

On 18/02/2023 at 20:26, Sam Downey said:

Hi Mark! That's great! Although I bet shipping is expensive these days.

I'm up the Kapiti Coast with an Elise (for sale 😢) and Exige.

I think there is a red Excel around but haven't seen the Eclat or M100. I've seen one or two M100's over the year's locally but don't remember a white one, probably a BRG and red? I'm talking years ago.

Are you with Club Lotus NZ? There is about 8-9 members in the lower North Island. Most of the membership is in and around Auckland. There are 2 Elan's (originals) around and obviously a few Elise's about too.

Hi Sam!  nice part of NZ for driving a Lotus for sure! 
I sometimes head up to Southward Museum to look at the Esprit 😆, and PekaPeka for a surf.  (currently by van :) )

yeah!   I bet shipping is pricey!   Ive not even asked yet, it wont be this year but maybe next! 

there was a red Excel for sale at the British and euro show the other weekend, looked like a nice one too, didn't see any other lotus` there though.
Was very surprised to see the eclat in the wild in wellington..  I think the only one I ever saw out and about even in the UK was mine! 

will check out Club Lotus NZ! thanks for the tip  :)

• Like 1