Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
RRR Final Drive and Flywheel - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

RRR Final Drive and Flywheel

LotusCup

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, all depends on what you want from the car. Like me, you're talking about a lot of upgrades but what's the purpose? I'm using it as a track car and sometimes as a road car. A lot of these upgrades are not worth it if you don't drive it hard on track on a regular basis. For occasional track usage, I would avoid upgrades like that as they compromise road usage a lot due to the higher RPM's on highways which will decrease comfort significantly

• 4 months later...
On 15/06/2020 at 12:51, Petrolgeneration said:

Once again, all depends on what you want from the car. Like me, you're talking about a lot of upgrades but what's the purpose? I'm using it as a track car and sometimes as a road car. A lot of these upgrades are not worth it if you don't drive it hard on track on a regular basis. For occasional track usage, I would avoid upgrades like that as they compromise road usage a lot due to the higher RPM's on highways which will decrease comfort significantly

The engine RPM doesn't change because of the final drive/flywheel, your right foot is the deciding factor at what rpm you want to be at. 

The final drive is there to be an easier way to shorten the gearing so it makes 5th and 6th gear usable on track, we had test cars pound round high speed circuits like Spa or Silverstone and not use 6th gear at all, and with 5th gear being so long it robs you of all acceleration. 

The final drive should make no difference with daily driving outside a a few extra gear changes and maybe cruising in a higher gear, the flywheel will provide better engine response with little downsides. Our new ultra light flywheel will require a slightly higher idle to keep it smooth.