Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
air filters for my V8 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

air filters for my V8

I'm looking to purchase some performance air filters for my 97 V8. Are K&N's available for it? The website doesn't list any, but I thought people have had them before. I also know there are other brands that are similar and available. Please advise. Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les Twigg at CARS is your man. He has both the ITG foam filters and the K&N's in stock:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/advertiser...erformance.html

I've previously had K&N's in my car, now have the iTG filters. Both are good. Some of my comments are included on kato's page above. N.b. adrian made a real fuss over fitting his - they really are not that hard to do.. just use a small socket and be patient

:huh:

Les Twigg at CARS is your man.  He has both the ITG foam filters and the K&N's in stock:

I've previously had K&N's in my car, now have the iTG filters.  Both are good.  Some of my comments are included on kato's page above.  N.b. adrian made a real fuss over fitting his - they really are not that hard to do..  just use a small socket and be patient

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must be nice to live in the UK and have access to stuff like these filters. I have to pay that exchange rate for these things. Who carry these in the USA?

Edited by actwon

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Guys,

Thanks for the info. However, I live in the USA. I just called K&N. They have nothing available for the Esprit. Any info for USA residents?

I'm sorry, I should have included this in my original post.

Must be nice to live in the UK and have access to stuff like these filters.  I have to pay that exchange rate for these things.  Who carry these in the USA?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can get them through Demon Tweeks ( www.demon-tweeks.co.uk ). I used to get all my driving equipment, Sparco Suits, gloves, shoes, ect... when I was racing. Shipping isn't bad and they have world wide customer support. Exchange rate might get you though.

As far as K&N goes you can get a filter for your car anywhere K&N products are sold. You'll just have to have them order it for you. That means you can go down to any PepBoys or AutoZone and order it. Just go to the parts desk and let them know what you want.

On another note, I don't know much about ITG. I do know that foam filters in the past have tested VERY poorly for filtering dirt. Personally I wouldn't use one. Paper filters are excellent for keeping the dirt out of your engine. While the K&N isn't paper, it's gauze, it's the next best thing. I have one on my MR2 turbo and on our little turbo engines (2.0 3sgte w/ ct26 turbo) average gain is about 9-10hp with the FIPK unit. A drop in, such as you'll be using, is a little less.

Also take where you live into consideration. Those living in England won't have to deal with the same dirt/dust environment as someone like me who lives in Los Angeles, CA which, contrary to popular belief, is the desert. I come out to my car an will find a fine layer of dust every morning on my car. I have to clean and reoil my K&N every 6 months. When I do it's filthy. You can also cause more damage to your engine by over-oiling the filter. A little goes a long way. Over oiling will cause poor filtration and excess oil will get onto your AFM (if you have one) gumming it up and leading to poor air flow readings.

Some food for thought:

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/newsletter.html

Northern Bucks county.  Not far from you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool! Perhaps we can hang out. You'r the only guy that I know with a V8 esprit in the area. Perhaps we can exchange technical knowledge.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Cool!  Perhaps we can hang out.  You'r the only guy that I know with a V8 esprit in the area.  Perhaps we can exchange technical knowledge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds great! I don't have a Ducati, though. My GSX-R will have to do.

I don't know anyone else in the area with a V8 Esprit either.

I haven't seen ANY Esprits around here in the last year or so.

Bac and Actwon:

Call Jeff Robinson at JAE (www.JAEParts.com) for the K&N air filters. 

Mark Pfeffer

1999 Esprit V8

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Mark! I know you're getting ready to host LOG 25! Must be exciting. I will be at next year's LOG. Now.. Is JAE on vacation? When I call I get their voicemail. It's about 4pm PST. I need to get a few other parts from them.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Hey Mark! I know you're getting ready to host LOG 25!  Must be exciting. I will be at next year's LOG.  Now..  Is JAE on vacation?  When I call I get their voicemail.  It's about 4pm PST.  I need to get a few other parts from them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nathan,

I ordered my K&N filters. They're on the way and should be here in a week.

Call JAE at 1-805-967-5767

I'm looking forward to installing them. It should be fun trying to get the bolts off the bottom of the covers.

Nathan,

I ordered my K&N filters.  They're on the way and should be here in a week.

Call JAE at 1-805-967-5767

I'm looking forward to installing them.  It should be fun trying to get the bolts off the bottom of the covers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, my Esprit is on Axle stands right now. Need to replace alternator and a/c compressor. If you need any help, I have a extensive tool chest. I could help you out. Those bottom bolts are a handful to get to!

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Well, my Esprit is on Axle stands right now.  Need to replace alternator and a/c compressor.  If you need any help, I have a extensive tool chest.  I could help you out. Those bottom bolts are a handful to get to!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually spent a good deal of time and got the bottom bolts out with a very small ratchet set. It was not fun! I took my paper filters out and will fit the K&N's when they get here. I'm not looking forward to putting the bolts back in. I may need your help then. Thanks!

Les Twigg at CARS is your man.  He has both the ITG foam filters and the K&N's in stock:

I've previously had K&N's in my car, now have the iTG filters.  Both are good.  Some of my comments are included on kato's page above.  N.b. adrian made a real fuss over fitting his - they really are not that hard to do..  just use a small socket and be patient

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, they are hard, I can assure you.

Right then, said Fred.