Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boot release not working! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Boot release not working!

just back home and cannot release the boot with the pull release by the driver's seat (2014 v6).

I can hear some movement when I pull the release, but not enough to pop it open - it doesn't have that last pressure / feel when the boot would normally pop.

I've tried moving the boot at the same time as holding the release...   but no joy.  

Any ideas / help would be great!

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

UPDATE - emergency over,,,,  took it for a drive down the worst bumpy local roads, and that seems to have freed it!

I've only recently bought this exige (previous 111s). The Elise opened on the key. Is this something I need to be wary of with the Exige? Are they known to have boot release issues?

Otherwise, loving the car!

• Like 1

The cable/handle in my 410 snapped and i know a few others that have had the same issue...it has been fine since fixed and I open it a few times a week. I was told if it feels tight to put a bit of pressure down on the lid where the lock as the catch to allow it to release. 

Edited by Robjo

11 hours ago, 3eighty said:

there is a lotus recall for the boot release mechanism for at least some of the cars - it covered my Elise (2015 model) and 380 (2017 model) so check with your dealer.

thanks, I'll give the dealer a call to check

12 hours ago, TAR said:

could the cable have stretched slightly? 🙂

once it had freed itself, I tried it a few times and the 'normal' tension on the pull felt ok. 

it's just a bit unsettling if this happens on a trip away and doesn't want to free itself as easily.

I preferred using the key on the elise - even for just putting shopping or a gym bag into the boot, you have to open the car, use the lever, open the boot lid etc. On the Elise you just opened the boot on the key.

The lock plate in the boot needs to be adjusted on yours, had the same problem on my 2015 V6 and after the dealer sorted it since 3 years no more problems

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

Can anyone shed any light on how the boot release cable is supposed to be routed? My car has come back from repair with the release cable bridging across the corner and pulling away the carpet - clearly not right.

2A143869-D1A0-452E-9D0E-67AE53C798CF.jpeg

5A823C90-144B-46A9-BF12-E047D7F8E4AD.jpeg

Edited by Karls

On 05/11/2020 at 15:52, Rolf said:

The lock plate in the boot needs to be adjusted on yours, had the same problem on my 2015 V6 and after the dealer sorted it since 3 years no more problems

Same problem here in 2015 when my car was just 1 week old. the lock plate had to be adjusted.