Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
215/45/17 as OEM size on 350 Sport ? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

215/45/17 as OEM size on 350 Sport ?

Hi,

I sometimes read that Sport 350 could be factory ordered with Cup2 215/45/17 ? Is that true ? Some says that when you order forged wheels you have that kind of tyres from factory ?

Otherwise it seems that only 380, 410 and 430 have been approved with Cup2 and so 215/45 mount no ?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Exx said:

Yes but the problem is in France you have to respect the original size otherwise your insurance can be canceled in case of crash

Understood. As far as I can see I don't think it is an approved option for 350, but my reference could be out-dated.

image.png.9482036ee4331b2ed47c99c7f66b3e15.png

2 hours ago, Exx said:

Hi,

I sometimes read that Sport 350 could be factory ordered with Cup2 215/45/17 ? Is that true ? Some says that when you order forged wheels you have that kind of tyres from factory ?

Otherwise it seems that only 380, 410 and 430 have been approved with Cup2 and so 215/45 mount no ?

Hi Exx,

we have the same "rules" here in Belgium.  You need to check if the 215-width is mentioned on your Certificate of Comformity, typically under paragraph 50.  If there only the 205/xx is mentioned, you need to keep to that one.  (There is a slight tolerance of 3% allowed here, not sure in France)

Yes only 205 on the CoC

We have also a tolerance here, that means i can use 225 or 235/40/17 .. but no tires in that size

Also the other problem is i have to keep tires with Y speed  .. 205/45/17 with Y you have no semi slick other than the Trofeo R ... R888R or ADVAN 052 are W for exemple

That means i have to choose between PS4 and Trofeo R to replace my OEM Corsa ...

And it seems that there are also some BMW Pilot Super Sport available

Yes i already swapped my rear Corsa to PS4 and it s really better

The problem is i wanted to change the 4 tires together when fronts will be dead and as i mainly use the Exige on track i would like to have more track focused tires. But Trofeo is not really an option as they are totally crap on wet :D and i do sometimes track on wet/rainies days