Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How best to repair a crack in the bumper - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How best to repair a crack in the bumper

I have a 100mm crack on the front bumper right at the bottom by the wheel arch as a result of a suicidal pheasant. I repaired it last summer using some epoxy adhesive but that has not held so am looking to sort it out properly this time around. I intend to repair it from the inside and it should be fairly invisible from the outside as it is very low down anyway and does not warrant a trip to the bodyshop. If it was normal Lotus GRP / fibre glass it would be easy, but I understand that Evora bumpers are a type of plastic, so does anyone know  / have experience of dealing with a small repair in one?

Cheers!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

You will need to fix some plastic staples into the thing chap and plastic weld it back together with a tool. You can buy kits online. 

it will look a whole lot worse in the repair stage - but you can then hide such with a proper flexible filler and repaint.

Only here once