Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone fitted front speakers to an S1? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone fitted front speakers to an S1?

Hi

I'm about to get my hands on a lovely S1 and I'd like to fit front speakers. My question is, has anyone actually done this, and if so, where were the speakers situated?

I know lots of people are going to make comments about how it's better to hear the engine noise but I'd rather listen to music.. or at least have the option to!

Thanks

JonB

Edited by JonB

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a lot of articles about it on Seloc. Most popular seems to be using the ventilation scopes at the A-pillar.

But I wanted to keep them intact, and I didn't want to drill any holes, so I made some boxes myself.

I had some 3 mm alu-finish- plastic panels, which I cut out and bent into shape. They were installed using double adhesion tape.

The main reason for installation was to have handsfree phone vial my pioneer radio - it requires front speakers.1181142033_Elisefrontspeaker.thumb.jpg.389dfb1f439cc708f1ca9000c2113a90.jpg

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp

• 4 weeks later...

I reversed the speaker connections at the plug to get the handsfree coming from the rear speakers on my Pioneer unit.

I think your approach is pretty good - I might try and 3D print something along these lines, having discovered that there is some space under the dash at the sides, above the fore/aft chassis rails trhat might take speakers but they would have to be quite small. There is a triangular shaped aperture there on both sides of the car.