Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Steering wheel stitching colour - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Steering wheel stitching colour

Having just spoke to Lotus. it appears that if you want a V6 Manual. You only have the choice of a black leather steering wheel or black alcantara for £400 extra.

If you have an automatic you can have both materials with all the contrasting colour stitching.

This seams pretty poor to me when all the press shots/ display car in blue has yellow stitching on the wheel and the car is manual. Pretty disappointed that if you want a manual you cant have some nice fishing touches for the cabin.

@Jumpman23I believe the reason is current supply limitations for first phase FE ( lots of limitations with most manufacturers at moment not just limited to chips). By limiting to auto they can cover it due to less volume. The Blue display car is actually a automatic it’s the shadow grey driven car that’s manual.

31 minutes ago, MJON said:

@Jumpman23I believe the reason is current supply limitations for first phase FE ( lots of limitations with most manufacturers at moment not just limited to chips). By limiting to auto they can cover it due to less volume. The Blue display car is actually a automatic it’s the shadow grey driven car that’s manual.

The image of the blue car on the lotus website is manual in blue with Yellow stitching.....

If they can produce the multiple steering wheel trims for the auto you would assume the manual should be able to have contrast stitching. As both would likely be made my the same manufacture.

Pretty embarrassing for a 75k+ car not to have a small trim option due tot he car being manual. When on a cayman you can have 16+ colours of stitching on multiple parts of the cabin. 

Edited by Jumpman23

• Gold FFM

I discussed this with the Lotus folks on Wed

It is a supplier/manufacturing issue and they are reviewing it again with that supplier in light of customer feedback. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jumpman23 said:

When on a cayman you can have 16+ colours of stitching on multiple parts of the cabin. 

True but this isn’t Porsche, two very different companies. Both great in their own separate ways 😉

15 minutes ago, MJON said:

True but this isn’t Porsche, two very different companies. Both great in their own separate ways 😉

True. But smaller car brands can do trim changes. Looks pretty amateur offering it for one gear box and not the other. 

Esp when the big photo on the website shows it !