Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DASH AND GAUGES - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

DASH AND GAUGES

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, just undo the two screws.

But you're got to pull the top of the cover towards you so it tilts forwards. That releases the catch at the back which slides into the dashboard.

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

HI,

LOKING TO TIGHTEN THE SECURING RINGS THAT HOLD THE SPEEDO AND TACH, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THE TOP INSTRUMENT COVER TO GAIN ACSESS, I SEE TWO SCREWS BUT SOMTHING ELSE IS HOLDING IT????

2001 V8

PETE IN AZ. :cool:

Nope just the two screws, there is a clip at the back, once you have the screws out, slide the dash top towards the steering wheel, not up.

Nope, just undo the two screws.

But you're got to pull the top of the cover towards you so it tilts forwards. That releases the catch at the back which slides into the dashboard.

snap :ice:

When you tighten the rings you may have to add a bit of soft adhesive at the rear (I used a blob of silicone bath sealant!) as they don't have much purchase and tend to slip out of their threads. If you have the aluminium dash however that may give the extra panel thickness you need.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

the two screws holding my dash in are missing, anyone know what size they are? and as stated earlier, after the two screws are out, just pull forward and releases the back with a little downward pressure to release the latch. jay t.

It seems that ptfe is a common fix for this irritating feature; I had both the same problem and solution.

HI,

LOKING TO TIGHTEN THE SECURING RINGS THAT HOLD THE SPEEDO AND TACH, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THE TOP INSTRUMENT COVER TO GAIN ACSESS, I SEE TWO SCREWS BUT SOMTHING ELSE IS HOLDING IT????

2001 V8

PETE IN AZ. <_< When you do the job you may find the plastic locking rings are very very loose.....I made one cut in mine with a hacksaw then super glued them back together, they fitted much tigher then..never cam loose after that.

damfast35nut@talktalk.net or 07976 609881