Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
engine 'bobbing' - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

engine 'bobbing'

JRTUPIN

Hello;

I have something strange with my Esprit.

Each time I try to have the maximum acceleration of my car ( specialy when I start from 0 mph ) the engine makes a huge shock in the engine bay.

I have the sensation that I can't take advantage of the fantastic engine torque of my V8.

Do you have this "problem" with your V8 ?

Thank you for help

JR

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi JR,

I hate to say this and maybe you will also hate me for saying this ... BUT this kind of treating is exactly what causes (almost) all the V8 breakdowns and engine/tranny/clutch failures we all have to hear and read about almost daily. Believe me 90% of all the problems come from abuse or incorrect treatment ... IMHO, of course.

If you like to own a reliable Esprit you have to learn what mechanical sympathy is all about.

In 1st and 2nd gear you should avoid full throttle !

Dont shift too fast and dont use too much force while shifting (take time and let the synchros do their work !) ...

If treated completly wrong you can wreck your tranny withing 5 minutes, with your stock V8 engine ...

Yours

Marcus

Hello;

I have something strange with my Esprit.

Each time I try to have the maximum acceleration of my car ( specialy when I start from 0 mph ) the engine makes a huge shock in the engine bay.

I have the sensation that I can't take advantage of the fantastic engine torque of my V8.

Do you have this "problem" with your V8 ?

Thank you for help

JR

Marcus

Don't worry ;I drive as a "Esprit lover" and not as a race pilot.

But the engine clearly move too much in the engine bay.I think that Peter is right and i have to change my engine mounts.

I hope that the reparation doesn't cost too much..

Bye

JRT