Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Passenger side motor mount - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Passenger side motor mount

actwon

Ok gurus!

Please help! My passenger side motor mount will not tighten. It just keeps turning. How do I tighten it? I noticed a cylinder that the bolt is connected to thhat keeps turning. Please help. I needto drive it to the dealer to get my cam belts adjusted. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if I'm reading this correctly, you're turning the bolt and on the other side of the mount the "nut" or cylinder is turning as well.

Either way get your fingers or some type of clamp on the cylinder and keep turning the bolt. Often times all you need to do is keep the nut or cylinder from turning until it begins to shore up against whatever surface it'll be coming in contact with. Then (often but not always) the friction between the surface and nut/cylinder will keep it from spinning.

If you can't get a good grip or your clamp of choice can't get in there, simply see if you can wedge something (i.e. screwdriver) in between it and another side surface to keep it from spinning.

Out of curiosity, why did you remove the bolt and or engine mount?

Edited by senna21

So, if I'm reading this correctly, you're turning the bolt and on the other side of the mount the "nut" or cylinder is turning as well.

Either way get your fingers or some type of clamp on the cylinder and keep turning the bolt. Often times all you need to do is keep the nut or cylinder from turning until it begins to shore up against whatever surface it'll be coming in contact with. Then (often but not always) the friction between the surface and nut/cylinder will keep it from spinning.

If you can't get a good grip or your clamp of choice can't get in there, simply see if you can wedge something (i.e. screwdriver) in between it and another side surface to keep it from spinning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I removed it to replace my alternator. Could not get the alternator out without jacking up the engine. Couldn't jack it up without loosening hte motor mount. I was told that an allen key will fit in the cylinder to help tighten it up. I will look at it further when I get home. Thank you for your input.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

a thin lock washer may do the trick.  must be frustrating.  best wishes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually a size 6 or 7mm Allen wrench fts in the cylinder. It tightened up like a charm!

Thanks for the help!

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

• 1 year later...

My problem is related...The same bolt and nut assembly for the passenger side engine mount on my 2002 V8 is turning like it is not holding anything??? The nut is screwed a good half-inch on the bolt but the whole assembly is easily rotated by hand !!! Is the screw broken from the engine ??? Any idea???Is it hazardous to drive like that???

Thanks

Edited by Bernie