Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Removing plastic door sills - 400 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Removing plastic door sills - 400

Go to solution Solved by EuropaSman,

Can anyone offer guidance as to how the plastic sill covers are fixed at the front end.  

I’ve given it as much welly (with plastic trim removal tools) as I’m comfortable doing before I feel something might snap, and so it doesn’t feel like it’s just Velcro.

There are 2 fir tree fixings at the rear end and so far, at the front, I have unscrewed the roundhead hex bolt under the little cap cover.  

Is there another bolt fixing or just the one?

If someone has an image from the service notes for the 400 that would also help.

Any help welcomed.  Cheers. 

Thanks Bibs.  Yes sort of.  Mine in the one on the left with the Evora name platt insert.  As there are no screw showing there l guess I have to assume that it’s clipped or glued.  I might be back for a part number if that proves the wrong decision!

• Gold FFM
  • Solution

From the Evora 400 Service Notes 😉

Evora 400 door sill trim.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png