Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Union Jack engine cover - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Union Jack engine cover

Did I dream this or was there an official Union Jack engine cover design?

If so, is this still available or are there any other decent painted versions out there?

Saw a guy’s 430 Cup today and that painted cover looked so nice.

Lotus hasn't been a British owned company for a long time but that's not what this thread is about. 

Jim, I don't recall there being an official Union Jack engine cover but I'd imagine it'd be a very simple job for a car vinyl company to map something really nicely onto the cover and I can't imagine it would cost much. There are plenty of these kind of firms around now, or a PPF company would probably be able to help too.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I would have thought a Hydro-Dip would be the preferred method in this instance.

Making Your Engine Look Awesome Step by Step - YouTube

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The key is to use a good quality material for the wrap. It will cost a bit more, but will cope with the heat no problem. A mate of mine use to do wrapping as part of his advertising company. He did the union jack on the roof of my Excel, very happy with that!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

This is driving me mad, have tried Googling for the past hour but then it may not search forums or past cars that have sold.

Now I’m massively convinced I wasn’t dreaming it, I’m sure it was on an S3 engine I.e. the big square cover rather than the S2 cam covers, the photo was in a dealership forecourt and I’m sure it was painted and not a wrap. It looked much classier than this Vauxhall job, though not a bad effort if that’s been done at home tbf!

If I can’t find it, I might just go down the route of painting it yellow to match my callipers.

C9846090-91A9-45DE-ACFA-514893EBC3E0.jpeg