Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Shelsley Walsh 9th Sept - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Shelsley Walsh 9th Sept

Gasman GT3

Gina and I went to watch the Paul Matty Lotus Hillclimb champs today at Shelsley Walsh. We have been to this a couple of times before and its a great day, Motor Racing like it used to be, up close and personal. Very civilised with a break for lunch at 1pm when everyone goes off to the car park and has a picnic and today we were treated to an aerobatic display by a Spitfire during lunch. It is like a mini Goodwood

Along with the Loti here are lots of other great machines to watch from pre war specials to modern hillclimb single seaters, and lots of classics.

We were the only Esprit in the car park and drew loads of attention dispite there being a gathering of DB9's and Vantages, proving the old girl still has it.

I have added some photo's below to give you a flavor of the day, I think this venue should be the destination of a future NMEG hoon.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ade,

Looks good and like the idea of a future NMEG meet.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

yes good a good day out ,Renu and I went a couple of years ago to meet Rob C and some of his welsh club lotus buddies,

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy