Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
No turbos - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

No turbos

• Gold FFM

the pressure sensor is hidden behind the cover under the rigt rear quarter window (also ECM.Baro sensor and some other stuff..) Thats the reason why the line goes into the engine bay sidewall and also to the valve atached to the sidewall.

PM. to Marcus, i guess he can specify witch pressure rate should pass the valve and let the wastegates open !

And as Marcus sayd ; try to search all pipes and hoses if any leaks visible, something to hear or feel. Maybe airflow under the plenum (use soapwater mixture and squirt it to all points you can reach)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Maybe im thinking wrong, and there is only the Map-sensor that gives information about the pressure in the plenum! That means the only other pressure sensor should be the Baro (Atmospheric reference) ( i guess that is the one behind the cover, so this was my mistake in explaining the things! Baro is not interesting in your problem situation... . )

But as i understand the manuals in workshop documentation only the ecm can decide that the wastegates should operate or not.

edit: there is a Item Number 21 in the pdf file postet Page 1 in this treath. That must be behind window cover, right? And there is also a T-piece conector to provide a pressure signal to this item.

Edited by G

• Gold FFM

hey great, i now have learned something! I guess this "transducer" was for the boost gauge in the old cockpit version!

The problem is , i can still not say what other positions can cause a leak. All what i can say is pipes, plenum body to intake ports, plenum inlet knees, the mounting point for Map sensor, the pipes from turbo outlet and so on.

You say all this points are checked, so it is a bit crazy. Is it definitly no boost (obd real data? ) , or only "subjective feeling" .

Marcus said once that the most wastegate capsules can not hold the right pressure. This means the turbos does spool down to fast... .

• Gold FFM
G

• Gold FFM

I think every idea that gives you informations about the engine is a good idea.

If you disconect the short hoses and move them away test if you can get pressure from both turbos. And you can also blocade the ports (with hands or with a piece of cardboard) to the trottle body to see if any leak lets air pass the whole arangement. I mean engine idles and reves with unwanted airbypass... . But i dont know how you want to manage the blue hose (IAC)?, thats a necessary airbypass, if i remember.

Still a srange problem and it is crazy that you get no codes (coresponding to low perssure rate and high engine revs)

Where do you came from? No others near you? , i mean from LEF... .

Edited by G

Mine does this as well on cold start. Idle works its way down to about 850 when warmed up. I think the behaviour you describe is normal.

Regards,

Peter.

One other thing, when I first start the car after sitting for a while, the idle is not very good and high. When it heats up it

The basic operation of the control valve is to decrease the pressure in the line by opening the wastgate, correct? There are three nipples on the turbo control valve, one to the two turbo actuators, one to the throttle body outlet (pressure) and the third has (had) some foam around it. Is the last one a bleed off line for the turbo actuator nipple line? The valve decides if the turbos either see the pressure from the throttle body or atmospheric pressure. If this is the case then it becomes much more clear what is going on and why I don

• Gold FFM

your turbos must work every time, but the ECM reads the pressure data (coresponding to revs, load, and temperature, and so on..) and has to decide to power up the wastegates (it lets pressure from plenum pass the valve and this moves the wastegates rods). Than it can reduce the turbine speed by open a bypass flap in the turbo housing. Some exhaust gas can pass the turbo arangement without contact to the turbine wheel, that means the turbo can spool down and produces less compression on the compression side as before. And you need also a way for the compressed air to came out of the red pipe, in the other way the rods cant move back and the flap is still open.

I hope this description is exact, but im sure Marcus can help to explain.... :thumbsup:

Edited by G

• Gold FFM

and just als information, i found out that all VDO gauges are still available in the free (after-)market. Also the speedometer versions from S350 with the mph scale and the aditional 320km/h mark.

http://www.ezt-autoteile.de/index.php?cat=...188f8c0ab6a5f38

First I want to thank everyone for there suggestions in helping me determine what the problem with my wonderful car was. Yes I said WAS. I found out what was going on and I am sure that you can imagine the thrill of feeling the boost again. After going over a few things and setting the plan to remove the parts needed and I just happened to look at the throttle linkage and noticed that the linkage didn

• Gold FFM

there is a world full of crazy, splendit man and women behind you ! Thats a part of life you cant get with a ferrari or an ordinary family van... . :thumbsup:

I think your problem is similar to this thread

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...ic=9349&hl=

First I want to thank everyone for there suggestions in helping me determine what the problem with my wonderful car was. Yes I said WAS. I found out what was going on and I am sure that you can imagine the thrill of feeling the boost again. After going over a few things and setting the plan to remove the parts needed and I just happened to look at the throttle linkage and noticed that the linkage didn

The main thing is that you got your car sorted. The answer is easy when you know it but if you don't then it seem like daunting task taking it to pieces each time. :thumbsup: This is the way we learn and I too have done some silly things in the past. As long as we get there and report back so the same thing doesn't happen to someone else then we have helped. that's what the forums are for.

Enjoy your boost!!! B)

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.