Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hyper OS 1.5.0 - what’s not working perfectly - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hyper OS 1.5.0 - what’s not working perfectly

Hello

OS version 1.5.0 has brought some nice updates to the operating system, and in large is a definite positive. There are a few glitches I’ve seen, listed below. 

As I’m aware that Lotus HQ read these threads, I thought I’d place on paper some of my negative findings since the latest software drop (1.5.0) so hopefully they can be addressed. Please feel free to add to this or comment:

1. Media volume doesn’t return to the pre-defined level after alerting you to a speed camera, or lane drift alert, etc. Most of the time, you need to physically press the play button on the screen for the radio or media to resume. Generally the case also when an alert is received through Apple CarPlay too (a WhatsApp message, iMessage).

2. My car has advanced highway assist fitted, I have found the radar system appears much more sensitive now and sometimes incorrectly alerts me to Brake thinking I’m about to collide with the rear of another vehicle or the potential of a head on when there is simply parked cars. 

3. Apple CarPlay - the Siri beckoning function  of “Hey Siri” or simply “Siri” seems to not work (probably doesn’t work 8 times of of 10). Generally need to hold the 6 dot button down on the CarPlay Home Screen to activate it. (I’m using an IPhone 15 Pro Max on the latest OS 17.5.1).

I’ll add to this list as I experience different things. My car is due to go into the dealership for some Dealer Only updates and to activate my digital key through my iPhone which can only be done by the main dealer. 

Positively - the car is amazing drives really well and range is pretty consistent!!! The quality of build is exceptional and I haven’t heard a single “rattle or creak” from the interior! I’ve included a small video montage I made when I recently had the entire car paint protected with GTecniq Ceramic protection. I’m also potentially looking to fit 23” Vossen Wheels in the next few months!!! Watch this space, it will be the first one in the UK with this set up. The vehicle went for all the CAD Measurements last week as we intend to fit super-deep concave wheels which will look insane!

• Like 1