Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Has anyone replaced the Cobra A0158 parking sensor with the newer A0194? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Has anyone replaced the Cobra A0158 parking sensor with the newer A0194?

My reversing sensors got damaged and it turns out that the original A0158 is no longer available and the Cobra sellers said that’s the A0194 was a direct plug-and-play replacement but it turns out that it isn't

The supply to the new module is straightforward to sort but before I start into it I said I’d ask about the feed out to the buzzer

The original has just the one wire going from it to the buzzer and I’m guessing the buzzer is buried in the dashboard somewhere and connected to a ground nearby

I’m presuming that I can just connect the positive from the new module to the one wire to the old buzzer and just use that 

Has anyone done this job already and can you confirm that this will / won’t work?

• 4 weeks later...

The update on this is that I did the swap and it’s not simply plug and play but its not overly difficult either

The supply wires were easy to find and I used them for the new module but hade to solder the connection

The original buzzer / beeper would not work so i had to run the cable for the new on into the back of the car and located the new buzzer there

It’s working fine now and the sensitivity is similar to the old ones (when they were working 🤣)

• Like 2