Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
THE BIG NORTH MEETING 8TH OCTOBER - Page 4 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

THE BIG NORTH MEETING 8TH OCTOBER

superdavelotus

Many thanks Paul for coming and representing the whole of the south of England. Hope you can join us again.

weather was crap, rained most of day and stopped the minute Adrian left!

Not a brilliant turn out but respectable all the same time. I would like to thank all that came, you really did make a huge effort!

Tracksport have offered all who went today a hugely discounted rate for making their marquee one of the best filled and most popular.Will pm each one of you indivually with details. They have 5 more spaces left but I will post that on another thread.

Like Richard's new car and also Trudy's 111R S2 Elise.

Once again it was another Lotus meeting which went pretty well and hope you all arrive home safely.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave a had fun in the rain today and grateful for you getting us all together and met some people who were very friendly.

We must ensure that it becomes a regular thing up north.

I am sure Russ would be open to ideas about organising other events.

When I went back to my car there was a blue V8 SE parked next too mine anybody knows who owns it? (its indicators have beenfitted backwards on the front bumper by the way!)

Edited by mancunian

I enjoyed it, apart from the rain, which, as I predicted, stopped at 3 o'clock.

Stopped off at boots to get some optrex. I can see alright again now ! Bloody gel/wax !

Right then, said Fred.

Big girl's blouse Adrian, it's because you use women's products!

I enjoyed it, apart from the rain, which, as I predicted, stopped at 3 o'clock.

Stopped off at boots to get some optrex.  I can see alright again now !  Bloody gel/wax !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A few more thank you to people I miised out, Glyn Herron for coming from Chesterfield and Alan Croft from Hull.

A big thank you goes to John Rotherham's family, especially his for laying on full catering facilities in the afternoon. I love her home cooking!

Another big thanks goes out to Russ Treasure who laid on bacon batches and hot drinks in the morning in his huge marquee complete with model in lycra!

If I had the money I think I would like to race an Esprit in the next few years...

Got there in the afternoon and parked between an azure blue and silver V8s. We seemed to be outnumbered by the Elise/Exige clan. Some other nice Esprits around the circuit. Watched some good racing, pity the last one was red flagged twice! Everyone else seemed to leave early so sorry I didn't get to meet you. Maybe next time.

David.

In fairness a big thanks must come from all of us who went to you really dave. You spent the timeand effort to organise a meeting and despite the weather being a bit naff (till as predicted adrian exited stage left hehehe) it was a good day. The mid engined race was the closet and best racing all day. The guys were seriously going for it and there were a few near misses and some superb driving.

I think it was a great idea to arrange it at an event like ths as it gives people a chance to talk esprit and catch up and then go watch somefun racing.

Can't wait to go to next years event!!!

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Richard,

Just noticed your post. Perhaps that was me. The indicators are on the outside, sidelights on the inside on mine. However the nose had been resprayed for stonechips just before I got it. Does everyone else's have the indicators on the inside?

David.

Well done Dave.

I had a great time and so did Peter Mallory. Hopefully next time his S3 will be ready for the road.

You DO deserve the praise. It takes lots of effort to get things like this sorted.

It was good to meet old faces (ie, I'd seen then once before.......Paul C, Alan C, and your good self) and for making my introduction to Esprit ownership such fun.

I'll be doing Stonleigh next month so perhaps a convoy down south could be arranged (insurers permitting).

I have been on the pop, but how about a James Bond overnighter with the ladies attending as Pussy Galore who ever they so chose? Black tie for the lads of course.

I'm going to regret this (Paul C has been there) but if there is enough interest I might be persuaded to organise the thing.............god, I must stop drinking!!!

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi all,

Firstly, I just wanted to extend my thanks to Dave for putting this together. Top Job!

Being my first meet its was great to meet other owners and without the need to travel to far south. It was just a shame I couldnt have stay longer.

It was great to meet Alan, Les, Richard and put names to faces. Ill hunt the rest of you down at the next one!

I have taken some pics so once I've found my camera connection Ill get them uploaded. If anyone is putting a page together Ill be happy to send my pics over.

One last thing, who owns the Nice Claret S4 that attended today?

Richard,

Just noticed your post.  Perhaps that was me.  The indicators are on the outside, sidelights on the inside on mine.  However the nose had been resprayed for stonechips just before I got it.  Does everyone else's have the indicators on the inside?

David.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, they are the wrong way round. Well, we compared them to Richard's V8-GT and my 350 and our's were the other way.

Right then, said Fred.

Guest Chelsea Martyn
I was going to ask Roger Wade but I didn't think it was his kind of scene.

He's normally into trackdays etc. His Esprit will be ready in time if he wants to take it.

I'll put their names down anyway.

I notice that there aren't many Southern names on the list? I know it's a Northern meet but when there's an Oxford meet, there are lots of Northerners who travel down for this.

If this is a sucess then come spring time, I plan to follow the Mid Engine Sports car series around the country planning lots on meets. This will mean everyone gets a fair chance on travelling.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dave

I would have loved to come, but my disc operation on Thursday meant that I was only allowed home Saturday late morning. Pottering round the house and doing exercises is all I can do for a few weeks yet... Oh, and I can look out the window at my Esprit!.....

Guess where I would have rather been?

I'll be at the next, Maybe even the track day if I mend well!

Sorry i didn't make it dave.. Got the tyres on on fri, but my tyre place couldn't balance the wheels :mellow: seems they only have the centre mount balancer which won't work on a saturn 'cos the mount for the centre cap gets in the way. They have to be balanced by mouting on the bolt holes, and my place only had a 4 bolt fitting for the machine.. they had to send them out for balancing on sat morning. all sorted now though and look great..

Hi Dave,

I would like to echo the thoughts of postees.

It was a great day, well worth putting in the effort to get the car fit and healthy again, but next time I'll try not to cut it so fine! A 12 pm midnight shakedown the night before is a bit too late for my liking (but I did take my AA card with me)

Great day, great guys, great chat, great mid-engined racing and great.... (I'll better stop there) to round the day off.

Thanks to Dave and all that were there.

See you again att Stoneleigh :mellow:

Glyn

sorry i couldn't make it Dave, it will be another week or so before gearbox is ready now! got to wait for a part to be machined (its a favour so i cant rush them.)

Dave

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

No worries to the guys that didn't make it, you missed out on a good day. With all the free food & drink going on I've put on another 2 pounds!

Time for a diet this week...

Glyn really took the time and effort to rebuild his water pump in time for the meet and even paid $50 shipping to get the parts in time.

I will post a schedule for next years mid engine sports car series locations and dates. These will be well known tracks around the country.

:mellow:Backmarker!!

Time for an Avatar???

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paul,

Would do if I knew how to do it!

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007