Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boost Gauges - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Boost Gauges

I don't have oil pressure or bost gauges - I'm feeling left out :crybaby:
( from the V8 ECM upgrade thread )

This is something that I fancy too. I have been in touch with Claudius in the States about the gauge and pillar that they offer, but it is only available to suit left hookers, unless you want the gauge on the opposite side to the driver. Looks like a good unit though.

I happen to think the interior quite uncluttered, and don't want to overdo it with additional gauges and controllers, I'm still deciding where to put the traction control unit so it won't be too in your face, but i like as much information about what is going on as possible. :thumbup:

So, I know there are members here who have fitted a boost gauge to the late interior cars, where have you put them?

Do Lotus make a boost gauge for any of our beloved Esprits' little sisters? It would be nice to have the design all in keeping with the existing instrumentation.

Also are people running with analogue gauges, or digital units?

One option would be to go for compound units, I'm not sure how good these units are, anyone any experiences?

Stuart.

Edited by Stuart

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

if i can remeber, there are combinations of boost and others as digital elements available. It fits into the vdo standart housing and their positions.

ask the owners of *superbee*, *Mistress* and the other totaly moddet Esprits

Or search in my VDO-link , postet in treath "No urbos" (page 4 or 5 or so)

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Hi Gunter and Stuart

I have seen the VDO link of Gunter:

http://www.ezt-autoteile.de/product_info.p...188f8c0ab6a5f38

I want fit a BOOST GAUGE on my Esprit GT3 (my car have the new internal like last V8 models)....where and how I can fit a boost gauge like the mod. on the link?????

Have you some photo so I can see the possibility for fit them...???

thanks all for your reply

Regards

Alessandro

• Gold FFM
....where and how I can fit a boost gauge like the mod. on the link?????

Have you some photo so I can see the possibility for fit them...???

thanks all for your reply

Regards

Alessandro

i think you can build your own housing and frame and fit all near the A-post. Like the picture in the other post... . But there are also special housings in the aftermarket available, from different manufacturers. search "sandler", "smith", "vdo", "marreli" and the others in google.

I've been looking, and can only find combined gauges in digital form. Personally I'm not too much of a digital fan, and would prefer some good old fashioned units with needles. The only problem being the scale becomes very small on the smaller diameter gauges. I'm in two minds about insing the A pillar for the installation. http://www.lotuspbc.com/Newproducts/LotusEspritV8.htm although it donesn't look too bad.

Perhaps come creative dashboard work is required....

Stuart.

• Gold FFM
.. and where I will fit the tube that start from wastegate and go to the dashboard........

why!? you can use a electronic gauge insteat of an mechanical type! arrangement like Lotus OEM. T-piece in the red hose and atach a "transducer" ... .

• Gold FFM

"mechanical" means a tube (like the red hose)has to bee routed to the inside. "electronical" means, you attach a t-piece (for the pressure signal sensor [transducer], like the Lotus OEM, and get the voltage signal in the inside. That actuates the gauge ... . Simply mode!

• Gold FFM

the only problem can be vibration if it is not done perfect. That means mechanical wear in this long pipe can produce a leak and you lost a bit of intake-compression. Othervise a short in the long electronic line (cable) of the transducer can produce a faulty signal... .

Anyway, it is definetly good to be informed !!! (would make my Ethanol mod a lot easyer. So i does not have to take the laptop every time to read boost data i relation to speed and Lambda an so on... .)

I have a similar dilemma. I am about to fit the later V8 interior into my '88 Esprit.. but that means I'll have to lose my voltage gauge (which is also a fuel pressure gauge), my boost gauge and my oil pressure gauge.

I really only need my boost gauge, but it's a shame to lose the others.

What I'm considering doing is sinking the three gauges into the top of the centre console thing, in a similar way to what Ford have done on the Focus ST..

http://www.portalcoches.net/www/images/con...ST_interior.jpg

I've been in one of these cars, and it looks really good.. and I like the way that they will be clearly visible, and in a good central place.

Also, if they are in the centre it will be easier to run wires and the boost pipe, rather than having to run them up to the A pillar.

Also, that bit on top of the centre console is probably cheaper to replace than the A pillar trim... in case you make a mess of it while you're doing it!

I have a similar dilemma. I am about to fit the later V8 interior into my '88 Esprit.. but that means I'll have to lose my voltage gauge (which is also a fuel pressure gauge), my boost gauge and my oil pressure gauge.

I really only need my boost gauge, but it's a shame to lose the others.

What I'm considering doing is sinking the three gauges into the top of the centre console thing, in a similar way to what Ford have done on the Focus ST..

http://www.portalcoches.net/www/images/con...ST_interior.jpg

I've been in one of these cars, and it looks really good.. and I like the way that they will be clearly visible, and in a good central place.

Also, if they are in the centre it will be easier to run wires and the boost pipe, rather than having to run them up to the A pillar.

Also, that bit on top of the centre console is probably cheaper to replace than the A pillar trim... in case you make a mess of it while you're doing it!

I hadn't even thought about that Glyn. Have you sourced the gauge surrounds / housing yet? Let me know how this comes along. And yes I'm sure that the bit of plastic on the console is cheaper than the A Pillar trim.

Incidentally, does anyone know the type of paint that Lotus used to get the finish on the plastic?

Stuart.

( from the V8 ECM upgrade thread )

This is something that I fancy too. I have been in touch with Claudius in the States about the gauge and pillar that they offer, but it is only available to suit left hookers, unless you want the gauge on the opposite side to the driver. Looks like a good unit though.

I happen to think the interior quite uncluttered, and don't want to overdo it with additional gauges and controllers, I'm still deciding where to put the traction control unit so it won't be too in your face, but i like as much information about what is going on as possible. :D

So, I know there are members here who have fitted a boost gauge to the late interior cars, where have you put them?

Do Lotus make a boost gauge for any of our beloved Esprits' little sisters? It would be nice to have the design all in keeping with the existing instrumentation.

Also are people running with analogue gauges, or digital units?

One option would be to go for compound units, I'm not sure how good these units are, anyone any experiences?

Stuart.

I installed this LED setup from IMP Concepts http://impconcepts.com/

Works and looks great but it does take some machining and patience to

install. I have all of the details if you are interested in getting yours done.

post-140-1191768372.jpg