IGNORED

Beaulieu day out [2]

jase7678

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the score with passengers ?

I heard there were a few people that needed lifts ?

Might....just might have the red car sorted in time albeit on fresh pads so I'm not gonna be hooning it.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Jason

What's the plan for Saturday with regrads to meet up times, meeting points for the all us MK peeps and joining Esprits on route etc?

Regards

Martyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) Oops, forgot about times.

Milton Keynes Coachways just off Junction 14 of the M1 meet 9.15am and leave 9.30am.

South Mimms on M25 meet 9.45 and leave 10am. MK group won't meet you there, but will continue to M3 anti-clockwise.

M3 South - Fleet Welcome Break services just after junction 4a to hopefully leave by 11.30. Of course, I don't know how the traffic will be so if people meeting there want to PM their mobile numbers to me I can keep you updated with progress.

South Mimms people and others make your own arrangements if that's easier.

We should all aim to meet at Fleet services though so we have as big a convoy as possible.

I'm guessing / hoping we can be at Beaulieu for 12.30 to 1pm for those meeting us there.

Please feel free to comment on times if they're too early, late or unrealistic.

As regards passengers - there are 3 passenger seats needed I think. My neighbour is bringing his car and his 2 sons that would like to saddle up in Loti for some or all the way. He's driving as well in case boys get panicky or need to head off early etc. The other chap is sorted with Del I believe. If somebody has a spare seat for one of the lads (I'll chauffeur the other) that would be ace.

Looking forward to this and praying for a crisp, clear autumn day :)

Edited by jase7678

Jason

Land Rover Discovery II & waiting on next Esprit

Guest Chelsea Martyn
:) Oops, forgot about times.

Milton Keynes Coachways just off Junction 14 of the M1 meet 9.15am and leave 9.30am.

South Mimms on M25 meet 9.45 and leave 10am.  MK group won't meet you there, but will continue to M3 anti-clockwise.

M3 South - Fleet Welcome Break services just after junction 4a to hopefully leave by 11.30.  Of course, I don't know how the traffic will be so if people meeting there want to PM their mobile numbers to me I can keep you updated with progress.

South Mimms people and others make your own arrangements if that's easier. 

We should all aim to meet at Fleet services though so we have as big a convoy as possible.

I'm guessing / hoping we can be at Beaulieu for 12.30 to 1pm for those meeting us there.

Please feel free to comment on times if they're too early, late or unrealistic.

As regards passengers - there are 3 passenger seats needed I think.  My neighbour is bringing his car and his 2 sons that would like to saddle up in Loti for some or all the way.  He's driving as well in case boys get panicky or need to head off early etc.  The other chap is sorted with Del I believe.  If somebody has a spare seat for one of the lads (I'll chauffeur the other) that would be ace.

Looking forward to this and praying for a crisp, clear autumn day :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Times are cool with me. I may already have a passenger so that rules me out, but i'll let you know if that changes. See you on Saturday...

I think i'll use the day to try this 99RON fuel at Tesco Kingston that everyone has been mentioning.... If it's still there :P

Guest Chelsea Martyn

Arrrghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

I will be soooo p!ssed off if I don't get my car back by Friday night!

It's gone in for two lower outer rear arm bushes L+R and the job's had complications by the Lotus tech smashing the hub carrier in tryng to remove a long pain the arse bolt!!!

Bits are arriving by Lotus 'ambulance' for fitting tomorrow, and should be out same day... but that's if everything else goes problem free!

I am at the wrong end of the week to be thinking 'keep calm' One more complication tomorrow and then it's Friday before those parts are in!!!

I need to kick something!

Lets hope that I have a bit of good fortune on my side. The thing was, they were not that bad that they needed to be done now anyway.

Me being picckie has done it!

Stoopid schmuk!

Arrrghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

I will be soooo p!ssed off if I don't get my car back by Friday night!

It's gone in for two lower outer rear arm bushes L+R and the job's had complications by the Lotus tech smashing the hub carrier in tryng to remove a long pain the arse bolt!!!

Bits are arriving by Lotus 'ambulance' for fitting tomorrow, and should be out same day... but that's if everything else goes problem free!

I am at the wrong end of the week to be thinking 'keep calm' One more complication tomorrow and then it's Friday before those parts are in!!!

I need to kick something!

Lets hope that I have a bit of good fortune on my side. The thing was, they were not that bad that they needed to be done now anyway.

Me being picckie has done it!

Stoopid schmuk!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fingers crossed Martyn :huh:

Jason

Sorry guys, going to have to pull out. Car's pissing coolant somewhere - and I only got it back from Lotus last Thursday...

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Guest Chelsea Martyn
Sorry guys, going to have to pull out.  Car's pissing coolant somewhere - and I only got it back from Lotus last Thursday...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah bollox mate... is it a visable leak?

Guest Chelsea Martyn
Sorry guys, going to have to pull out.  Car's pissing coolant somewhere - and I only got it back from Lotus last Thursday...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah bollox mate... is it a visable leak?

Not liners is it? :huh:

Received the car from Lotus last Thursday with them having had it since February. Here's the email I'm composing for Glenn at Lotus Sport:

-----------

Hi Glenn,

First off, thanks for the work you did. Especially Simon, I'm sure that LHS turbo was a bastard to get off.

But I've heard nothing from Nick Whale on getting the missing rear V8 aerofoil fitted. Plus I've a few more 'tiny' complaints.

1. The 'Esprit' decal on the rear soiler wasn't replaced. Tut, tut.

2. With the new bushes and resetting the geometry, the dipped headlights were pointing too high.

3. The driver's mirror wasn't mounted correctly. The whole casing's sprung to push back and forth a few notches but the casing itself was noticably pointing downwards (see photos 'left.jpg' and 'right.jpg').

4. When Simon reattached the LHS turbo compressor manifold to the throttle body, he tightened the jubilee clip with the screw on top. I can see it's an easy mistake to make :-) Okay, piss taking aside, but this meant the thottle lever couldn't open fully - the jubilee clip's screw is bang in the way (see photo 'throttle.jpg'). Got home, hooked up my OBD-II laptop software - TPS read a maximum of 34.5%!!! Makes the S350 waiver I signed somewhat ironic :-)

5. There's a bad vibration above 60. You can really hear it on a smooth

road and it gets worse the faster you go . Also you can feel it through the steering.

6. I'm not sure the coolant problem has been fixed. Coming home to Worcester was fine but when I slowed down to go round the neighborbood and park it was gushing out, you could literally follow the trail along the road and there was a huge puddle under the car. Driving the next day the low coolant light was coming on intermittently. I refilled to the tune of nearly two litres and am keeping a close eye on it.

8. The aircon has stopped working.

9. The oil pressure light has stopped working.

I've fixed 2, 3 and 4. Obviously I don't want another return trip from Worcester to Hethel - can Nick Whale do the others?

Thanks,

Neal

P.S. I think I also figured out what happened to the battery. As I was leaving the factory I noticed the interior light was on - permamently! This would have drained the battery and with the car sitting around so long to get the insurance sorted, the fully discharged battery would have been irrepairably damaged. But don't worry, I'll just return it to Halfwits :-)

---------

So as you'll have guessed I don't think any lengthy trips would be a good idea!

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Guest Chelsea Martyn
Fingers crossed Martyn :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It must have worked Jase! :lol:

Got the car and ready for tomorrow. Complete with a full tank of 99 octane Fuelfrom Tesco Kingston :P

Whats the new totals going, I know that a few cannot attend due to various circumstances. My passenger may be dropping out, not sure until later. Has anyone asked James???

Who plan to meet at S Mimms at 09.45?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure Terry - don't have conf from Del yet. Call me if you want to swing via MK or meet at M3 services.

07803 082078

Jason

Guest Chelsea Martyn
Who plan to meet at S Mimms at 09.45?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Incase anyone needs another mobee number for any reason today you can get me on 07836 281953

I look forward to seeing all today, and the weather as I write this is crisp sunshine and no clouds in sight!

Come on lets HOOOOOOOOOON IT

What on earth are you doing up at 9.40 am on a Sunday?

An excellent day was had by all. We all met in the right places at the right times and the traffic and weather were deffinitely on our sides. It was a shame there couldn't have been more of us, 4 Esprits in the end, but a great group of peeps.

We were joined by my neighbour and his two boys (the instigators) in their new to them (K-reg) M5 which made a great companion to the 5 of us. The yougest lad, Ross 9 I think, said he loved it as he rode in 3 of the cars, 2 of which were V8s. Lucky chap.

I can see why people think Beaulieu is expensive, but to be honest, we all spent in excess of

Jason

Guest Chelsea Martyn
Great to see some Photos Martyn :P

Apologies to all for the very scarey picture of me :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not a scary picture!.... Look at that cheeky grin :o

That picture paints ten words!

WE ARE GOING TO HOON AND GO VERY VERY FAST

Quality my friend..... sheer quality :D

Guest teigan

you brits sure know how to have fun. some of the american events tend to be a bit dodgy, with parts dealers and lotus shoppes on the take. i'm trying to organise a lotus snow day. maybe roger moore will show up by mistake.