Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Track Days - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Track Days

DBredS4

I had to cancel TV2005 much to my regret, work commitments. Apparently a dozen or so failed to make it on the day.

I got another track day booked on Saturday, Llandow in S.Wales, only 1 mile long but its fairly local and an old airfield with plenty of runoff and 104 db limit. Booked with Motorsport Events for

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did an airfield day with motorsports events last friday @ Hullavington in wiltshire. Very well organised, lots of fun.

Motorsports events is the company dermot used for the heyford driver training day. Good bunch of guys, and the stuff they do is good value for money IMO.

How much did that cost you Rob? ;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nowt ;) that was my freebie for "winning" the driver training thing. Should have been 100 quid otherwise.

n.b. my 1 day track insurance cost me 170 quid, so it wasn't completely free..

I get 4 track days included in my insurance with Competition-Car-Insurance (Eggar-Lawson). I have to give them the name and location and as long as its on their approved list of venues/organisers then crack on. The list is long too.

My annual cost is about

Did the Llandow track today, it wasn't Esprit territory really as it is 1 mile in length so 'catered' for Caterhams primarily but it was good 2nd and 3rd gear action, mainly 3rd. As long as one stayed within the brake points and didn't do anything daft there was enough runoff to protect the cars but I still managed to spin and end up on the inside of the track. Hard on the left hand tyres as its all right turns.

Had a blat in a TVR350 and took a few of the boys out for a test run, they remarked how capable the car was despite its overly heavy weight!!!!!!!!!

Bear in mind they were running 450kg Caterhams on Yoko A048R tyres. I could catch them or leave them on the straights but only for a second until the corners came up then they were ALL OVER ME! kept pulling in and letting them overtake.

All in all a good day but I paid for the full day and should have only done the half as a lot of them shipped out at lunchtime. Took 2 hours to get there as well.

D