Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Intercooler adding other Brand - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Intercooler adding other Brand

I found this intercooler and purchased it for $10 . . . thinking about retrofitting to a 88 . . . I think it would be EZ and the quality and numbers for this intercooler are impressive. Ok I am ready for the flame email . . . I would of course remove all references to Toyota . . . it even has a temp and low indicator sensor with it . . .pre wired. And the tank serves as the resevoir as well. EZ piping, the alignment is right . . . all I need is to hook it up to a front mounted radiator and use the bosch pump i picked up for $70 on ebay and I am off . . . well I may have to address the fuel issues . . . any ideas?

post-4009-1199398694_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's an air to water intercooler from a Celica All-Trac Turbo. It has a 3S-GTE engine, and depending on the year will have between 190 and 240hp. By the looks, it is from an older early '90s model. You will find much more information at www.mr2oc.com which is the Toyota MR2 forum, but also covers the Celica All-Trac since they share the 3S-GTE engine (I sold my MR2 to help finance my Esprit). There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I'd like to see a slightly larger unit on the Esprit. You can get cheap air to water intercoolers on ebay for very cheap, and you won't have to explain why your engine has a Toyota part in it.

Also, if you ever find yourself up in Winston-Salem, I'll be glad to help you test it :P

Edited by Riddlemr2