Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
name that sponge - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

name that sponge

Guest teigan

Question

i found some half pulverized black spongy foam behind the plastic middle pillars on the side windows. is there any good reason to replace it with something in the same family? if not, i was thinking aluminum honeycomb. would that make them bee pillars?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

9 answers to this question

Heh indeed it would!!

Mine is crumbly and rotten. I always assumed there was some kind of cabin ventilation through there but I have nothing but a hunch to base that on...

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Heh indeed it would!!

Mine is crumbly and rotten. I always assumed there was some kind of cabin ventilation through there but I have nothing but a hunch to base that on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Fishy, there is a cabin ventilation hole behind there somwhere, but I was sure water was making its way in somehow, so I blocked it up (from the inside) and I havent suffocated yet :)

Richard

so is the purpose of the sponge to collect rain and save it for a rainy day? or does it filter out common sense? they must have had these installed all over lotus headquarters.

Guest Troy Halliday

If you look in the parts list I am sure I put an alternative for this stuff. It is pretty much the same as pond pump filter. Well thats what I used anyway. It has the bonus that is will not wrot when wet. :P

thanks troy. i'll take pond filter material as a consideration. hopefully i can find something better. i'm going to try the alluminum honeycomb since it'll keep out any rain that isn't horizontal. not sure how hard it's gonna be to cut into just the right shape.

Guest Troy Halliday
I used Pond pump filter material, cut to the right shape, ie black reasonably open nylon mesh/foam. Looks the same as the original did.

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So that is two of us so far!