Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Driver Training - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Driver Training

Splashout

Hi Guys

firstly let me say to Kato and Dermot that this is not in anyway ment to compete with their days and if they would like to take it on as a LEW thing or their training day for next year then thats cool with me

Anyway

I have been in disscussion with Goodwood motor circuit about a driver training day (since before Dermot arranged his)

Basically it would be a whole day for 25 cars which would include:-

5 Instructors = 1 per car when on track

Marshals/ambulance/paramedic

Public liability

The day would be both Circuit and skid pan training with lunch in the old airfield tower.

That is the basics really cost would be Summer months

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea. Especially the skid pan. Missed the last unfortunately. Late spring would suit me best. Either way I'll have to come from Palma, that is a training session in itself.

stu.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

What's the noise limit?

For track days it's usually 98dB allowing 10 cars on track at any time. Though sometimes they run 105dB days but with only 5 cars on track.

Did you manage the latter?

Neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

For driver training, the airfield environment is probably better than a track - ie when you cock it up (and you will) you have lots of space and nothing to hit. Mess up on a track and you're in the barrier or gravel traps. 02p etc.

Thanks Dermot will have to be total definate on this one before we went ahead probably with some sort of deposit

Neal noise limit would be 105dB static and 101dB drive-by noise limit, dont think this would be an issue on the esprits??

Rob from what i have seen at goodwood the track is fairly open as it is an airfield also but people who went to the festival of speed or revival (soon) would have first hand knowledge.

All good thoughts though

Rob from what i have seen at goodwood the track is fairly open as it is an airfield also but people who went to the festival of speed or revival (soon) would have first hand knowledge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glyn. I've done a track day at goodwood some time back (not in the esprit). Its got some gravel traps and some grass run off, but there are earth barriers which would be very nasty if you hit them. Although goodwood is also used as an airfield, you're driving on the track, not on a big wide runway. Having said that i would guess its no worse than many other tracks eg castle combe.

ps. festival of speed is held on the "hill climb" ie the road that runs up past goodwood house. Its only the revival that is held at the motor circuit :P

Yep Glyn... I would definitely FLATLY insist on money upfront - completely refundable up until the point of booking!

Even with just the Alton Towers runs I organised, I found myself being let down with insistances / assurances of payment and then no shows etc! :)

That was for a fraction of the price!

Also, you would need to allow time for all cheques to clear, as I know of at least three people who had problems with being given rubber cheques! :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif