Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Need serious advice - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Need serious advice

Toua

Umm well to tell the truth .. getting married soon! (scary you know). I think my girlfriend is getting a gig for modeling in UK..(she wants to join Victoria Secrets or whatever). Well anyways I think she wants me to move with her to the UK. To get to the point. Is london expensive to live in? Whats the cost of living there?

You know how it is right guys. First i say no we are not going there.. then she says yes we are.. then im like no. then when she says in a voice that you know if you say no one more time she is gonna rip your heart out.. then you say Yes dear, you know I will support you in anything.. even if that includes moving to London.. the fashion city of your dreams.. (why is it that we, or maybe just me, dont have the guts to stand up to woman like that!)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved to London 8 years ago from Australia. Brought the wife and two kids (3 & 1 at the time). No problems for me. Everything costs three times as much, but you can't do anything about that.

I think bringing just the wife over would be a walk in the park.

Just remember - Esprits are half the price over here. :)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Will your future wife make enought to support you with her chosen profession? Post pics and let the member's decide for you? :):):)

Don't let infatuation with "your model" cloud your mind.

It appears to me from your post that you have some soul searching to do about your relationship, and why it exist.

Marriage is a huge commitment, and will only succeed with cooperation and sacrifices by BOTH individuals.

I wish you well and good luck.

Umm well to tell the truth .. getting married soon! (scary you know).  I think my girlfriend is getting a gig for modeling in UK..(she wants to join Victoria Secrets or whatever).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will your future wife make enought to support you with her chosen profession? Post pics and let the member's decide for you?  :)  :)  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! :)

Well Toua, London is an expensive place to live but then so is the UK! Just look at the petrol price threads. There's loads of other stuff we have to pay here as well like 40% tax if you earn over a certain amount, and sky-high parking permits. Council tax for property owners of

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Umm well to tell the truth .. getting married soon! (scary you know).  I think my girlfriend is getting a gig for modeling in UK..(she wants to join Victoria Secrets or whatever).  Well anyways I think she wants me to move with her to the UK.  To get to the point.  Is london expensive to live in?  Whats the cost of living there?

You know how it is right guys.  First i say no we are not going there.. then she says yes we are.. then im like no. then when she says in a voice that you know if you say no one more time she is gonna rip your heart out.. then you say Yes dear, you know I will support you in anything.. even if that includes moving to London.. the fashion city of your dreams.. (why is it that we, or maybe just me, dont have the guts to stand up to woman like that!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Toua, why are you getting married? Form what I've gathered about you from your posts you are not ready. You're still in school; your career doesn't seem to be going anywhere right now. If you get married now, you'll be putting your life, dreams, and goals on hold or canceling them for your wife and there is no guarantee that she'll make it in her career either.

If you get married now, you might as well forget about an Esprit and get used to working at the local wherehouse for $12/hr. I also hope your not too fond out your balls either, cause it sounds like she already has 'em in her purse. You

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

Did I mention my London house is for sale :D;):)

10441.jpg

PS. If you mention that you saw this ad on 'LEF' you get a 10% discount :):):)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

If you decide to come over - take my advice and live

somewhere nice that's near London but not in it like Oxford...

I agree! :):D:)

Ok, OK, the streets arn't paved with gold here, But people clean up

after their dogs. And you don't get to see your road on 'Crimewatch'

every single month either. Also, you can look people in the eye and

even say 'good morning', without being looked at like a weirdo cause

you ain't treating everyone to that city animosity and thousand yard

stare! Rural Esprit friendly country roads are five miles in any direction

and there are three lane motorways passing through if you want open

the car up some.

People come from america to holiday here, then stop off in london for

a right cockney mugging and a lungful of benzine on their way home.

:)

Update from London:

Dick whittington is in rehab,

his cat eaten by urban foxes. :)

Did I mention my London house is for sale  :D  :)  ;)

10441.jpg

PS. If you mention that you saw this ad on 'LEF' you get a 10% discount  :)  :)  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You forced to live in your car too eh? :)

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Well my carear is no problem as I know I can get any job with my degree and skills.. its just that the gf is like I wanna live in London .. fashion capitol! blah blah blah.. I dont care about that stuff! Well plus Esprit hometown.. anyways.. holy $hit.. 40% tax! .. wow!.. gas over here is like $1.68 per gallon! thats unleaded. PREMUIM is $1.80 per gallong thats only 98 octane though. I almost got married 3 months ago.. I took her to my grandmas place to do some asian tradition stuff and then she backed out and called her mom to pick her up.. now her mom said she wont let me marry her anymore.. lol.. ! dont we just love the in-laws! cheers for me!