Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where to buy the replacement clutch? - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Where to buy the replacement clutch?

I'm just lining things up. I've got a trans issue and since it's out and I'm pretty sure the car has the original clutch (34,000), I'm going to go ahead and replace the friction discs. I see where you can buy them from the dealer, SJ MotorSports, and Ramspott & Brandt. Is there anywhere here in the States? And what is the best place to buy the discs from? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks --Steve

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just lining things up. I've got a trans issue and since it's out and I'm pretty sure the car has the original clutch (34,000), I'm going to go ahead and replace the friction discs. I see where you can buy them from the dealer, SJ MotorSports, and Ramspott & Brandt. Is there anywhere here in the States? And what is the best place to buy the discs from? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks --Steve

What's wrong with your gearbox?

There are few options where to buy the twin disc clutch in the US.

JAE (California) sells the twin disc http://www.jaeparts.com/

over $1000 !

Michael Motorsports in Massachusetts sells two different types http://www.michaelsmotorsports.com/

You can also send your worn out twin disc to "Clutchnet" http://www.clutchnet.com/home.php and rebuild or reline (cheaper route $200.). Make sure the thickness is the same as Lotus spec 7mm. You can go over 7.5mm but no more than.

I bought mine from GTO engineering(england). Kevin gave me a racing twin disc. He claimed this parts far better than the stock.

You need to replace your pilot bearing, might as well change your main seals and driveshaft seal.

If your clutch pressure plate is bad...that's another story. I replaced mine.

I also bought the transmission upgrade (main shaft) + ATB quaife from GTO.

Hope helps. Email me if you need help

Edited by HASUsan

What's wrong with your gearbox?

Locked up. Heard (and felt) a loud crack :) which repeated itself several times before I pulled off. Then the car would not roll forward at all. Rolled backward a little, but seemed to bind up some. The trans is being pulled right now.

Locked up. Heard (and felt) a loud crack :) which repeated itself several times before I pulled off. Then the car would not roll forward at all. Rolled backward a little, but seemed to bind up some. The trans is being pulled right now.

Clutch is not your priority. There is a big job ahead. If u have a gearbox problem, you can hope that you are just dreaming. Broke a gear and jammed, perhaps ? :)