Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
In-op Boost guage - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

In-op Boost guage

I need to figure out why my boost guage doesn't work.All of my other gauges work just fine ( I do pray often). :ph34r:

So where to begin with this problem?

Car Lover,,at least thats how the report read.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the boost gauge transducer? There is a rubber pipe that goes through the firewall to a unit mounted above the right hand rear wheel arch.

That unit detects boost pressure. It also cuts ignition on an 'over boost' state, as well as providing a signal for the boost gauge.

Check the wires are still connected ok, and the pipe is connected ok.

If you have a vacuum pump thing that does positive pressure, you could try pressurising the thing and see if anything comes up on the dash.

You'll need the ignition on.

My money is on the rubber hose having dropped off either at the transducer end, or the manifold.

If you have a manual, the rubber hoses are actually colour coded with a stripe. Don't have mine with me though, so can't tell you which colour off the top of my head.

It's a bit of a sod to get to, where they've put it.

Edited by Glyn Harper