Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Need help desperately - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Need help desperately

Guest Troy Halliday

Guest Troy Halliday

Hi all I have been stumped. Cut of in my prime. ect. ect

I am in deesperate need of the metal elbow that fits on the top of the thermostat on a HC engine. I have tried everywhere and no luck. Does anyone have one knocking about or know someone that could sell me one. Failing that could anyone loan me one so that I can get it fabricated. I am getting pretty desperate. oh and if you have a tripple bottem pulley I will more than happily have that aswell :huh:

I have installed the new tanks, taken delivery of my lightened and balanced flywheel and new 3 piece clutch. The engine and gearbox are just sitting there waiting to be put together and I hope to fit it in the car this weekend.

Which means I can fit my new discs and calipers, my new stainless manifold and exhaust, my drive shafts, reconed gear linkage, new oil cooler, well you get the point. Also onece the engine is in I can test all the electrics and final fit the interior. Basicaly I am on a roll and could be finished in a matter of weeks. BUT this has stumped me.

HELP ME PLEASE!

Thanks

Troy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For fear of stating the obvious... Have you tried:

Lotus Bits (they recently broke an 84)

South West (broke Mark's White HC)

Douglas Valley

Boss Motors

SJ for a new one

Paul Matty even?

Sinclaires of Romford

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

PM me if you need Garry's number

Top TOP bloke!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Guest Troy Halliday

Well peeps I finaly tracked down the Ali elbow. Yes you are looking at one happy breakdancing bunny :blink:

All the other hose issues I can sort out wwithout to much hastle but this was the one that was threatening to stop me in my tracks.I am thinking of making my own air box, I have spoken to someone that can weld the aluminium or I can do it in stainless. There is also the option of carbon fibre. I know of someone that could make these. If I had an original one I would get him to take a mould and make some we could always doa group buy and the he could always sell more at a later date. If anyone is interested and has an airbox to spare for a while I will go see him. :o

From whence did said elbow originate?

Guest teigan

the airbox is an ugly shape, and i can't imagine making a mold of it. i've got my own composites workshop and could make both the mold and parts myself. however, i suggest you make a nice shape in alluminum or very thin gauge stainless. are you aware of the carbon fiber airbox the stevens guys are buying for their cars? i think luke is the most recent victim.

Well peeps I finaly tracked down the Ali elbow. Yes you are looking at one happy breakdancing bunny  :D

All the other hose issues I can sort out wwithout to much hastle but this was the one that was threatening to stop me in my tracks.I am thinking of making my own air box, I have spoken to someone that can weld the aluminium or I can do it in stainless. There is also the option of carbon fibre. I know of someone that could make these. If I had an original one I would get him to take a mould and make some we could always doa group buy and the he could always sell more at a later date. If anyone is interested and has an airbox to spare for a while I will go see him. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Troy Halliday

Well basically as I am steeming along with the rest if the work I thought I had better ring around again. So I basically rang everyone that had anything to do with Lotus. I rang around getting no joy one of the companys was South West Lotus Company when they rang back they said they didn't have what I wanted but gave me several numbers to try. One of the people Trevor somethin (sorry not at home at the moment so can't remember his name) asked me to fax through a pic he rang me back a few minutes later saying he had one and asked for