Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Scottish Motor Show - Knockhill - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Scottish Motor Show - Knockhill

hedgerley

Yesterday, a couple of '03s I think, judging by the wheels. One black, one silver, in the Supercar Paddock. The silver one took to the track a couple of times, mixing it with the Lambos, Ferraris, Ultimas, Exiges etc. The front spolier grounded on a bump approching the hairpin - hope it wasn't damaged to much.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver one sounds like Bingoking having fun!

Yep that was me. First time I have had the car on the track, apart from the 2 "parade" laps at the factory visit. The supercar group had 2 sessions on Saturday and 2 on Sunday which were absolutely fantastic.

That was the biggest waste of
Edited by bingoking

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday was fine if a little blowy. I had a good couple of hours there with a mate and his son, who went out on track for a spell in an Alfa GT. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Glad the front lip didn't get damaged Bingo - it made quite a noise from where I was stood. Whose was the black one? Is he on here?

The black car belongs to a guy who has a chocolate factory on Arran I think his first name is James but didn't get his surname. I don't know if he is on the forum or not. He also has a Black Countach which he took on the track. His friend was driving the Esprit on the Saturday but on Sunday the engine warning light came on just as he was about to take it on the track.

I remember this black Esprit for sale a couple of years ago at Murray Motors as I was interested to check the chassis number to see if it was older or younger than my car. Both cars are last 15 Uk cars.

Will you be going to the Classic Speedfair at Knockhill on 8th June? Should be a great day out with lots of Lotus road cars and race cars on display and on the track :)

JIM CLARK & LOTUS CELEBRATIONS TAKING SHAPE Pass it on :)

Ah yes, the Chocolate Factory man. I was musing over that very car when it was in Murray Motors at the time. Graeme said he had a guy coming down from Arran to look at it and to be honest it was a bit rich for me anyway. When I took my own V8-GT in the first time I asked Graeme what happened to the black one. Graeme said the guy turned up in the Countach and bought the Esprit on the spot. Apparently he has an extensive sports car collection - all in black!

I doubt I'll make the Speedfair - with a bit of luck I'll be down South that weekend picking up my new Esprit! On the other hand I wouldn't want to miss the Jim Clark tribute, so may re-arrange things....

Edited by hedgerley

He didn't mention an extensive collection of sportscars but he did say he was a sucker for Black cars and fell in love with the black Esprit on sight. Hope he got to the bottom of the engine warning light problem.