Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Battery isolator switch - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Battery isolator switch

I'm going to fit a battery isolator switch but im not sure on the best place this is what I have

60520.gif

Any suggestions ?

The more the merrier :yes:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed a battery cut-off switch on through the engine bulkhead just to the right of the drivers seat.

All you can see inside the car ... if you notice it... is a small hole about 10mm in the bulkhead trim panel

The battery in my S1 is on top of the RHS fuel tank so cable runs to include the switch are very short.

Easy to get to if you needed to switch it off in a hurry and doubles as a handy anti theft mechanism too.

Just make sure that your switch will take the cranking current of the starter motor!

What about putting it here ?

IMG_2932.jpg

I was thinking of fitting it in the firewall low down but then if the switch goes wrong I would have to remove a fuel tank to get to the terminals

Run a totally unconnected spare wire through at the same time as you fit the switch, duplicating the wire you cut into to install. If the switch fails, disconnect the wire you tapped into at both ends, withdraw the switch and wire from the passenger compartment side of the firewall, connect up the spare wire (already in place).

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Mine fits directly to the positive battery terminal..a short length of copper busbar is bent through 90 deg., one leg bolts to the battery and one to the switch..then the normal battery feed bolts to the other terminal of the switch. All this is, obviously, locked under the engine hatch..it's fine so long as you remember to switch on before you've strapped in and are wondering why nothing works!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I put mine behind the gearshift where it is best protected from accident damage being in the center of the car. Also, in the event of an accident, either myself or my passenger can kill the entire electrical system, as it is within easy reach.

Plus! If you are strapped in, you can still reach it!!!!

MIne is on the sail panel in the engine bay right behind the battery. However, on reading the posts and noting you are in the UK and hence sit on the right, I'd say that Matt's picture is what I'd go for.

Dom Giangrasso

1977 S1 Esprit - Lagoon Blue

Think I'm going to fit it like in my picture but i'm not sure how much room I would have with the door shut and as my doors are store else where at the moment, could some one please post up a photo with the door shut please to I can see how much room there is

Thanks

Matt

mine is fitted here Matt -----

key.jpg

It looks like you are just putting the seatbelt on, not switching the power on :blush:

Dave

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

My one is up slightly from Daves

If you lift the plywood board that the battery sits on then you will find enough room between the tank and the bulkhead to get all the wiring in and do a nice instalation.

I wouldnt fit it on the inner sill if i were you