Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A very special S1 -- UPDATED - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

A very special S1 -- UPDATED

Tony K

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep it! keep it! keep it! That way I can come see it next time I am up that way. You still haven't said what you are doing with the 308.

308? You will find your answer if you look around here: http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...st&p=185907

Tony, I seen enough: whats the price please? Reckon their is some dust on the tires so a little discount would be right. ;)

Jean

What to do with this car is a decision I don't want to rush, and I really want opinions or information from all of you. I would love to loan this car to a museum -- that way it could be seen, be mine, and do a few parades and events. But if I am going to talk about anything beyond "what should I do with it", I should really ante up the advertising fee to Bibs before going there. Actually, I'd be quite happy just to support this site if I can pay with credit card (I don't do PayPal), so Bibs shoot me an email if you can take a CC or work something out with Kato.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

134HLeftFrontTire.jpg

Let me just say as an aside, as this car is a study in originality, Paul Coleman took on the admirable task of remaking S1 centre caps and was chided by another member for putting a serif'ed "LOTUS" on the badge stating that it should be the block, sans-serif "LOTUS." What does this car show? Serifs!!

Way to go, Paul! :thumb-up:

That's all, back to the show. ;)

Well, since you brought that up . . .

I don't know if that is referring to me or someone else, but I did privately tell Paul that the lettering on the originals has a different font than on the reproductions (although I certainly did not mean it in a disparaging way!). I bought a set from Paul, put the remade centers on them, and they are going on the blue S1's wheels so I can save it's well-preserved originals.

Both the originals and replacements have a serif font, but they are different. If I get around to it, i will post a photo of each. I am perfectly happy with the caps and centers I bought from Paul, though. ;)

The bonnet badge, as you know, is sans-serif . . .

- T

By the way, WHENEVER SOMEONE ASKS WHAT THE ORIGINAL TIRE SIZE IS ON THE S1 BECAUSE THEY READ THE TYPO IN THE MAGAZINE ARTICLE, SHOW THEM THIS PHOTO! :)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Tony, it looks like you might be receiving the biggest WOW award for 2008.

You might also consider hanging ' Lotus Esprit S1 Museum' above the garage door. Get a ticketing machine & a turnstile, print some fliers and away you go. Hook up with the local hotel / motel and you could offer package deals.

Edited by gtookey