Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How's the traction control working - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How's the traction control working

Just curious as to how everything worked out with the group that installed traction control on their V8's?

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ashamed to say mine's still not fitted. Still we've finished our house now and no longer living in the caravan so I hope to get around to it soon.

I know SwissV8 fitted his and had some problems with ABS, racelogic identified this and worked out a fix. I sent mine off to be modded and got it back in a matter of days.

Not much help I know but an update from one of the group buyers!

Regards

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my unit back to Race Logic for a software change, to sort out the conflict with the ABS. (this was done free)

Unfortunately I have not had time to fit it until now, in fact I have been working on it today.

What I would like is a picture of any existing installation, I can't decide where on the dashboard to install the controller. The rest seems to be relatively straightforward.

I'll take pictures as I go, and do a small writeup for it to be posted.

All pictures of the installation are welcome :unworthy:

Enjoy the good weather,

Stuart.

Edited by Stuart

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Does anyone have any ideas for the best place to put the control box for this unit. It's not the best looking thing in the world and I like the uncluttered look of the dashboard, so I don't want this alloy thing just stuck there in front of the gearstick.

I can decide that later, lots of soldering to do first.

Stu.

I know diddly squat about how this works, but is it something you adjust often? If not could it just be on a flylead in the glovebox with a tab of velcro here and there for when you need it to hand? Shame to ruin your dash for it.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Mark,

That is what I had decided to do. It makes the most sense to me.

I have just finished installing the unit, all that is left to do now is the power, ground and connect the digital adjuster.

I have taken quite a few pics along the way so I should be able to put a guide together.

Stuart.

Just finished installing this.

And it started first time. I put it through a test sequence and you can hear the unit causing a misfire, needless to say it sounds a bit odd. No time today to set up the software or take the car out for a run. Maybe tomorrow.

Stuart.

So it's all installed now, I only need to set up the software.

Does someone who has already installed this have their data file that they could send me?

Does anyone know the number of pulses per revolution for the abs sensors?

Thanks.

Stuart.

Well, I managed to get one of the front wheels off between the rain, and we have 48 notches for the ABS sensors to count.

Adjusted the TC program and will see how it performs tomorrow.

Stuart.