Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 Throttle Cable replacement - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 Throttle Cable replacement

danpotts24

Hi guys, my throttle cable snapped at the footwell end in the good old Cumbrian wind and rain last night, and was looking for any advice from anyone who may have replaced the cable. I know you can by the inner cable and thread through the outer sleave on the 4cyl cars I am presuming it is no different on the V8? Presuming I manage to feed it through ok from the footwell and it is pre crimped at the footwell end (I have seen this for sale at SJ Sportscars) How do you go about finishing the other end off at the drop link linkage as I can not see how you could terminate it at what looks like a ball and socket joint? As ever any advice from those far more technically advanced than me is much appreciated

AAh I am now discovering that apparently the cables are different and that you have to replace the entire cable (inc sleeve) does anybody know how this cable is finished and how it fits at the engine again, on further examination it looks as though the ball socket maybe seperates?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

easy matey, once you've got it out of the car, you pull a small spring clip out of the socket, (careful not to lose it) and then prise the socket of the ball, a 10mm spanner is good as you can prise the socket equally. oh dear I've made it sound harder than it is now !!!