Compomotives now fitted - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Compomotives now fitted

DBredS4

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what, there is already an AP kit fitted, a small kit agreed but it packs a mighty punch and with some race pads the car stops like you wouldn't believe.

I was hanging in my seatbelt at Silverstone with semi slicks and DS3000 fitted.

Now I run DS2500 and have road tyres on but the pads and track tyres are in the shed for when I can afford it!!!

Those look really good! Do you think the rear offset is going to cause any issues? Or possibly it's the rim width difference, they look a little wider at the rear.....

Still, the style does look right on the car, good move!

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

ok sizes are 8x17 front (not 8.5x17 as normal) and 10x18 rear. To be honest you dont notice the fronts being too small as they actually arent. tyres are standard V8

Offset is er god knows, Compomotive have all the sizes for the Esprit however you have to make sure they have the right hub dia as they sent me a 58mm dia rear and my hub is 60mm. trip to Geoff to get it machined and it was right as rain, still pain the bum though. They are aware of this and will confirm it in future, I think, as I politely explained the predicament

Very tough looking wheels. I noticed some in here change to smaller front bigger rear combo. One inch smaller and narrower wheel in the front could increase understeer (of course you can't do much about the width) if the car wasn't set up for it and even if it was set up for it, wouldn't 18" or 19" all around be better and easier to set up.

Thats where I got the idea, while speaking to Jon at Donny a year or so back. His car is set up really well for racing, cage, lightened, fantastic exhaust etc. Love to have a drive in that round Silverstone!

Had to do them in silver though, I think they set the car off really well.

As I said the tyres are all standard V8 sizes, 235,40,17 and 295,35,18 (S350 size). They look mean in the flesh and I'm very happy with them.

talk to this bloke if you're interested

james@compomotive.co.uk

Very smart set of wheels you have there! have them fitted to my G car 8x17 and 10x 18 compomotive

motorsport six spoke, great value for money to they are very light weight,well made and

A

I cant comment on the weight, the rears nearly broke my back lifting them but then again so did the Novas I took off...

The fronts, although they are 0.5 inches smaller, aren't really smaller, I looked and you can't tell the size difference using the Mk1 eyeball.

I suspect the all in price in UK would be around