Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
OC California drive Nov 20th - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

OC California drive Nov 20th

fmxa

Hi all,

Anyone in SoCal is more than welcome to attend (that means you Teigan & Slade!) or if you want to fly out from the UK and see what the real "OC" is all about, we'll find a passenger seat for you! Anyway, hope to see a few of you, and drop me a note with any questions.

The South Coast Lotus Club - Orange County Chapter is inviting you and your Lotus cars to a social event which includes a leisurely scenic drive followed by lunch.

Please note that for this event, we will require you to R.S.V.P. to secure our lunch venue and a reserved parking area for our cars. The last day to R.S.V.P. is Thursday, November 17, 2005.

R.S.V.P. by emailing us at oc-events@southcoastlotus.com or call us at (714) 335-3721 and please leave a message. We hope you can make it!

---------------------------------

THE SOUTH COAST LOTUS CLUB - ORANGE COUNTY CHAPTER

SANTIAGO CANYON / TRABUCO CANYON DRIVE & LUNCH

(From Diedrich Coffee in Downtown Orange, through Santiago Canyon, through Trabuco Canyon, to Valentina's Ristorante in Mission Viejo)

Date & Time:

Sunday, November 20, 2005

10:00 a.m. - Event Start. Arrive at meet location.

10:45 a.m. - Depart meet location, SHARP!

2:00 p.m. - Event End.

Meet Location:

Diedrich Coffee

Downtown Orange Circle Plaza

44 Plaza Square

Orange, CA 92866

Park your car in the public parking lot behind the Army Surplus store on Glassell Ave, south of Chapman Ave. Meet us at Diedrich Coffee in the southwest corner of the main circle plaza, which is a five minute walk from the parking lot.

Waypoints:

Santiago Canyon Road

Modjeska Canyon Road

Live Oak Canyon Road / Cooks Corner

Trabuco Canyon Road

Santa Margarita Parkway

Food / Lunch:

Valentina's Ristorante

27755 Santa Margarita Pkwy

Mission Viejo, California 92691

(http://www.valentinaristorante.com/)

Price for lunch is between $15 to $25 dollars per person, depending on what you order. (Menu and price will be finalized ASAP.) If enough people R.S.V.P., we will have a parking area reserved for our cars.

Route Map:

There is an approximately 28 mile, 45 minute drive from the meet location to the lunch venue. A map of the route is located here:

http://tinyurl.com/agvlr. (We are not stopping at Location 2 on this map).

Comments:

The meet time is 10:00 a.m. with a departure time of 10:45 a.m., SHARP! We will have photo opportunities with our cars after the drive at the restaurant location.

Please know that we do not consider this to be a "spirited drive" event. This is primarily a South Coast Lotus Club social event, with significant others and friends invited.

This drive is one of the best scenic drives Orange County has to offer, with gorgeous mountain views and gentle curving roads. The drive is not excessively steep, winding or treacherous.

Safety is of the first and foremost concern. Do not drive beyond you or your car's limits and follow all posted speed limits. Please keep enough distance between you and the car in front of you and no reckless driving!

We will have stops (waypoints) at specific points on the drive to let others who get caught behind catch up to the rest of the group. These waypoints will be indicated on the map which we will provide on the day of the event. If you have walkie-talkies, bring them along.

Although this is a SCLC member coordinated event, anyone attending this run does so at his or her own risk and assumes the liability for any personal injury or property damage. We are also not responsible for any traffic violations you may incur during the drive.

Please gas up in advance of attendance and make sure your car is in good running condition or you're used to pushing it!

Have fun and we hope to see you there!

The South Coast Lotus Club - Orange County Chapter

Paul, Jeremy, Sean & Ivor

http://www.southcoastlotus.com

oc-events@southcoastlotus.com

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone? Slade, Teigan how about you guys? We have ~20 cars so far ......

GUUUUUUHHH!!! I don't know if I can make it... goddamn it... I'll figure it out by tommorow... or later today...

hell yeah though. I been waiting for an opportunity like this to see cars that weren't mine. but damn.

report back soon

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

hmmm. i may be wasted on that day, as my birthday is on the 18th, and i'm seeing olivia newton john on the 19th. your timing is kind of unfortunate, otherwise i'd rsvp. can i just show up if it turns out i can drive straight that morning? sounds like fun though. i drive that road often, even though it doesn't lead anywhere i need to go.

leads to my Uncle's house as in Santa Margarita I recall. He won't be a distraction though :)

My excuse is a probable camping trip.

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Was in Orange County a month ago. :)

Went for a drive on Saturday morning at 7.00 down the Pacific Coast Highway,and just outside of Laguna Niguel stopped at a mini mall where there was an informal car show with alot of cool cars (Lambo, Ferrari etc.) a ton of Elises and a lone Red S4 Esprit.

Did it belong to one of you guys? :huh:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

that's something they do every month. the first one i went to, i got a lotus badge stolen off one of the wheels. haven't been back since. i've not yet seen another g-esprit at a so. cal. meet.

Was in Orange County a month ago. :huh:

Went for a drive on Saturday morning at 7.00 down the Pacific Coast Highway,and just outside of Laguna Niguel stopped at a mini mall where there was an informal car show with alot of cool cars (Lambo, Ferrari etc.) a ton of Elises and a lone Red S4 Esprit.

Did it belong to one of you guys? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep that's the Crystal Cove show, it's every saturday at 7:00AM (wayyyy tooo earlyyy!). If you saw a red S4s (not a S4), that indeed was mine! Let me know if you're going to be in the area again.

Teigan/Slade, just show up if you can. The RSVP was primarily so we could get a head count for lunch.

This sounds SOOO awesome!

If I didnt have this stupid garage bill looming I would leap on a plane tongith and head over for this!

I still intend to make it Stateside again asap... I went there every year for about 10 years but now haven't been in the last 8 :huh:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

This sounds SOOO awesome!

If I didnt have this stupid garage bill looming I would leap on a plane tongith and head over for this!

I still intend to make it Stateside again asap... I went there every year for about 10 years but now haven't been in the last 8 :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to worry, I'll post pictures after the event!

Now you're just torturing me!!!

Cool cars and all that Californian sunshine!

Get a few pics of some South American girls and your joureny to the dark side will be complete!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Now  you're just torturing me!!!

Cool cars and all that Californian sunshine!

Get a few pics of some South American girls and your joureny to the dark side  will be complete!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow... "South American Girls". Do they laugh when you call them that? :D

Mexico is part of North America. If that's what you're talking about.

And if you're talking about Southern America, you're talking about this:

REDNECK%20CUP%20HOLDER.jpg

slade

Lmao!

Ok... Yes I'm wrong on the Mexico front.... but anything further south counts double! (esp Brazil!)

:D

Lmao!

Ok... Yes I'm wrong on the Mexico front.... but anything further south counts double! (esp Brazil!)

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brazil would be convenient for you... no age of concent :D

I don't think I've ever seen a Brazillian chick in California... and I've seen enough pictures that I could pick one out with ease :P

slade

Brazil would be convenient for you... no age of concent :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:( Speak for yourself :D

:P