Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Twin Exit exhaust for GT3... - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Twin Exit exhaust for GT3...

Jon

Is that a turbo down system or from the cat?

I'd like a system that I can put the cat back into incase there's a problem with MOTs etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It be cat down - so you'll need a cat (or decat) and the EBPV blank....infact when I order mine tomorrow I might get them to extend the pipe to the muffler a bit becuase the blank weighs about a kilo !

TBH we discussed this for a while and as was suggested by the man himself who made the system that a decat would be pretty loud (possibly too much for track days) however they do have a sports cat for another

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jon

I have a Larini single exit Sports exhaust and a decat pipe,and it does sound great and very very very easy to fit half hour tops (although my old system had been off the car earlier this year ) but a good hacksaw and grinder should do the trick ! Btw have heard that the twin exit system in the winter you only tend to get vapour out of the r/h side ,i think the twin exit system may be a bit of a looks excercise against any real performance increase, hobsons choice i guess !

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Yeah you do have to ensure they run up temperature enough to burn the vapour off (they tend to do it more than singles I've had in the past) - get it with the Elise as well.

Its purely cosmetic + sound as far as I am concerned plus my original one is rusted a bit too much now, I know people go on about performance but if I wanted BHP I would have chipped the thing. I find the Esprit fast enough as it is :D

Ordered mine today let ya all know what it's like on arrival.

I have a Quicksilver twin on my GT3 sounds the nuts but dose only get vapor and more annoyingly blackened on the right hand side not sure on the proformance issue

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah and only one cool flash from one side when changing up/down off etc :D

Simplest things first.

Hehe, Mr Dog, whats all that furr growning around your gear lever translator ?

We'll see how it goes - chap who designed it reakoned the flow is even but proof is in the pudding as it were - 2 weeks, should have car back together by then :)

ringdingdingdadingdinnnng - barrrrbeedaaadumda - dadummmbombambudabombumbaaaaa :D

would of thought it should be even, i have 4 seperate exits and they all blacken at the same time

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

would of thought it should be even, i have 4 seperate exits and they all blacken at the same time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont know what to tell you mate ,but i was told that by someone who had one(Larini) ,i suppose it kinda depends on the length of pipe to each exit.so may vary amongst manufactuers. or Mr Bernoulli is not playing the game :rolleyes:

Simplest things first.