Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Carbon fibre body panels - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Carbon fibre body panels

I race a S3 Lotus Esprit and was looking for someone who makes bodypanels, such as bumpers, bonnets etc in carbon fibre. I've tried Boss but they only deal in fibreglass.

Any help gratefully received

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

curious to know if you get a result here, all I can say is there is one chap who has a race V8 and he has a carbon roof which is nicely built, he remoulded his doors, bonnet, bootlid and perhaps a few extra parts but he did them himself so may not have time for others. His name is Jon and he has a yellow V8

Jon has an Orange V8 unless it faded so much it turned yellow!

Yes, he's had made a CF roof and he's remade all his body panels in lightweight glass fibre. You can pick each one up with your finger and thumb including tailgate! he won't make CF because it's a different process. As for making lightweight glass fibre ones, he's thought about this in the past and people just aren't prepared to pay the going rate for them. This coupled with the different models out there and such limited numbers, means lots of moulds to be made which pushes prices up again! A typical example is your car, everything would be a one off as there will only be one S3 race car.

I think your only option is to approach a CF company and get moulds made and then panels. Be sure to take a chair with you as you'll need it when they give you some quotes!

Most of the Cf products I do on my site have only sold a odd one or two so I've stopped doing them for time being. It was too much hassle and not enough return.

Dave Walters