Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Instrument LED's - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Instrument LED's

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

That may be tough without changing the bulb holders; the bulbs are screw in while most of the LEDs I've seen are the wedge push in or bayonet type.

These guys have a fair selection, you might check with them:

http://superlumination.com/1156_1157.htm

If you can, go with lamps that have 3 LEDS in them, single light bulbs will be too dim. More than 3 LEDs usually means a bulb head to large in diameter to fit inside of the green lens inside the gauge.

britishwiring.com may be able to provide you with new bulb sockets

It's also possible that the new Smiths Classic range use more modern bulb holders.

These guys would be able to tell you:

http://www.nisonger.com/smiths-parts.htm

Mark,

I just replaced the four smaller gauge (oil, temp, battery, and fuel) lights with LED's in my 84. I didn't replace the speedo, boot or tach because they are a pain to get to, and use different bulbs (and those light up just fine). I purchased LED bulbs that were forward firing, meaning they shoot light out the front only, off ebay. You can do a search for a 194 LED or T10 LED...194 are the bulbs that are in the dash, along with the bulbs on the heater control panel.

It was a very easy swap, and they work so much better than the standard bulbs. If you put them in the wrong way, they won't light, so be sure to check before you put everything back together.

If you need more details, let me know, and I can send you an image of the bulbs that I used.

Matt