Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
F**k it, it doesnt fit ! - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

F**k it, it doesnt fit !

Managed to bag myself a Momo steering wheel off ebay like the one's fitted to later model Esprit's and just went to fit it - and it doesnt...

post-5016-1229781670.jpg

The boss centre is slightly larger, the screw holes are on a slightly larger PCD and on the wrong axis so Santa's now looking for a boss.

I suppose as it's a Lotus we know nothing is transferable from model to model, come to think of it I seem to remeber that a lot of stuff differs from car to car !

Frustrated ;)

The real Colin

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this in reverse. I had the wheel you are trying to fit and replaced it with a Momo Jet. The wheel you have has only 4 fixing holes and I'm guessing the old one has 6. You will find, even if you talk to Momo that they dont make a boss for the Esprit, what you need is an adaptor from Elise parts.com see photo below.

I have successfully put the same V8 Momo steering wheel on my S4, using the boss delivered with the steering wheel. Axis was perfect.

IOt was just a bit fiddling with the horn wires.

Edited by bzguy

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -