Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bangkok fast run....... pics - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bangkok fast run....... pics

patpong

Just this sunday morning.......8 AM. 11 cars got together for a fast run on the upper deck super highway, 50 km strech, no traffics , no cops. The Ford GT topped at near 200m/h, I went on my Lotus for 175 m/h+...the Porsche was about 175 m/h.......... all were 160 m/h above. clear from traffics.....very save. We have our run here every other weeks........ will do it again real soon. Great fun. top speed is what supercars is all about.!!!

post-923-1132057628.jpg

post-923-1132057827.jpg

Edited by patpong

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ford GT topped at near 200m/h, I went on my Lotus for 175 m/h+...the Porsche was about 175 m/h..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A Ford GT. I'm impressed. In the US I've only seem them on stands. Whoever bought them don't seem to be driving them . . . might cause them to depreciate. :)

The van went..... " Holy...macaroni " in his car. lol

The guy who got the Ford GT, who is my uncle, know nothing about depreciation and he probably don't want to listen if you are trying to tell him. He paid nearly double original price from the US, then paid 150% Thai imported tax... and he thought it was very well worth it becuase he love the car and drive it everyday....

I've been on that stretch of highway to Pattaya. Considering the usual heat and humidity, 175-ish MPH is an extremely good turn of speed for a 4 banger. Kudos to you. Just curious, are there any twisty roads in your part of Thailand? I saw some pretty twisty roads way up north--Mae Sai to Chiang Khong. Only thing to worry about were kids throwing buckets of water at us! :(

(Songkran) :)

Edited by gixxer

It's not that hot yet at 8 in the morning... high noon?, yea.

There are many twisty roads but out in another cities outside of Bangkok with at least two hours drive to get there. However, those twisty roads are very dangerous to speed; kids, local people crossing the road, motorcycles, bicycle, dogs, cats, rocks, sand... water. This make the stretch elevated highway very save because non of those will be there....

Great fun! Ive just read your owners page on LEW, i spent a month in Thailand a while back & i didnt see anything apart from Protons & bloody tuk tuks, where were you all hiding!

The traffic was a night mare in Bangkok, i thought driving around London was bad but to take an Esprit around those streets, mate i take my hat off to you!

Looks like you have spacers on your rear wheels, looks much better, fills the arches & make it look so much wider.

There are only 70 of us... and we mostly hind behind our house gate during the working hours in this Bangkok 12 million population city.... :huh: lol

I love the spacers. They are from PUK. much improve in handling... I got them 2.0 cm front and 2.5 cm on the back...

Awesome!!!!

I wish the Police etc were more like that over here.... We'd end up in jail :huh:

Sounds like a fantastic morning and total repsect to your Uncle - DRIVING these cars is what they were made for... NOT sitting in a museum or as investments!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Nice one patpong!

Is that the King Rama VII Highway near Bangkok airport? I seem to recognise it from somewhere.

For those who haven't been to Thailand it's quite a laugh in the mornings... you normally have pick-up trucks full of melons or children or chickens zooming about all over the place :huh:and you'd be surprised how fast some of them go!

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

I still hope that we can enjoy this so-called private track for us for a long time. It seems to get popular. Whenever kids with loaded Japaness fast and furious cars come to join the fun, that's when police get notice and do something, because they come in hundreds. That's hope that never happen. :)

One of the pictures is near the new airport. Where were you in Bangkok that you saw trucks full of melons and chikens... :huh: must be somewhere near opened market or Jatujak Park. If around opened markets in the morning, yes, trucks filled with all sorts of uncook food. We are only a few countries left in this area that still live our own way with technology, I guess. I think it's more fun this way. :(

It may well have been, there were certainly loads of open top vehicles filled with produce. Thailand truly is a fantastic country and I had a brilliant time out there, most of all because of the people - so naturally welcoming its humbling. I'll never forget the moment when one of the taxis I got missed its exit off the highway, reversed back up the hard shoulder,and then cut in on the sliproad accross the hashed section with oncoming traffic doing ~85mph. Thought I was about to die :huh: brilliant days... :lol:

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)