Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Events For 2009 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Events For 2009

GC1

Now I know some of you voiced your concerns as to why their hasn't been much happening but due to me losing my job before Christmas and the festive period,hopefully now things are on the up.

As so with that I'd like to offer these dairy of Events for 2009,some are still in the pipeline and dependent on emails over the coming weeks,so its kinda rough but its something for you guys to get your pencils out and sharpen for your new daires you all got bought for Christmas wondered what you were going to with them.

So here we go,I take all suggestions and comments along the way,

Myerscough College,Motorsport .

Ok this will be a tour of their teaching facilities that they use for up coming young racers,/mechanics.they have formula cars,rally cars,projects cars,4x4s.

you get up close to their cars, photos no problem and their a friendly 'ask any question' type group of guys.They've even got a weigh bridge to weigh your cars on.

Its a great place they have a garden centre and cafe, but the best bit is down the road their is a super pub right by a canal where we will be heading for nosh.

Date TBA.

JCB Factory Tour. A friday

Now this is a tour I'm putting together with NORLOG so to get high amount of numbers going.

This is going to be a friday afternoon,and will take 2hrs or so to get round,with at the end some photos to be taken by their machines.

Not sure about food yet but because its a friday it could be a chinese or indian or open to offers.

Date TBA.

Club Lotus Donington 18,19 April. 09

Ok looking at going on Saturday ,but trying to get some kinda of a convoy going from up here in Lancaster then on the way down picking up as many as we can...

Cars In The Park -April,June,October 09

The first event of the park season will be at Bolton Abbey if nobodys done this before its another 'show your car day' with barbi's if the weather lets you,but its getting big now and a pistonheads Fest.

More details to be found here. http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/welcome.php

Tatton Park Show -30,31 May 22,23 August 09

Ok great turnout last year for the August show and this year hopefully we'll do them both as its another large show and offers the chance for more people to come .

Hopefully we will get that 20 car plot we were promised last year .!!!

GT Racing/F3 11,13 April

Touring Cars Oulton Park. 30,31 May

Le Manns June.

My annual trip to France this year slightly different as I hope to be driving down to St,Tropez,Cannes and then up to Monaco and then around to Italy hopefully stopping at ferrari and Zonta factories if they will let me in !!

Cholmondeley Castle Show.Cheshire. 10 May 09.

Another car show some of you will know but its another great day out in superb location.

Plently to do and see.

Houghton Tower.Preston.13 Sept 09.

A more local car show to me but just of the M6 and its a great place to go for a different car show.

Lakes run Feb 22

This will be a day run with lunch at some nice peak somewhere,route is being planned and depending on numbers & weather we can make this a short one or long.

Pro Studio Shoot with model.

Date TBA.

Later in the year I've got the chance to use a photo studio in north manchester,I'm planning on using a model of course.Now I have a full day booking and would like to offer the chance for anyone to use the studio take their own photos or me take them with a lady of the flesh,I'm shooting in the morning so this will give people chance to get up here and clean the cars before driving in.Their may yet be a small fee for the cost of the hire,but its a great place with drive in professional attention.

more info to come soon.

I hope this enough to keep you going and this is open as always to all Lotus drivers and other regions ,more the merrier,If you'd like to add your names to any of the events or comments feel free to do so.

If you'd like more info just shout.cheers........

GC1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Graham,

I expect some of the NMEG guys will be interested in doing Tatton Park in August again with you NW boys.

Perhaps a few more joint ventures ................. and lets not forget the EMEG boys for those Peak District jaunts.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey you guys

I am coming over to visit my family and friends in the Skipton / Burnley area in october and would love to catch up if there's anything going on in the area October 1 to 20.

Let me know if there's anything planned.

Too many Toys are never enough !

Hi Steve

I don't think there are any NWEG organised events in this period, but there is the Lotus Factory Frolic at Hethel on the weekend of 17/18 October (see post on main Forum). I will be going down from Manchester for this and I am sure some other NWEG members will be as well. It promises to be the best Forum event of the year so your timing is perfect if you can fit it in.

Otherwise, I am sure we can organise an impromptu gathering of some kind.

Let us know what works for you.

Robert