Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello from a newcomer... - Canada - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello from a newcomer...

jollyroger

Hello everybody,

my name is Francesco (aka Jollyroger), I am an Italian engineer and I just moved to Toronto to live and work here.

I am also a proud Esprit owner (Calypso Red S4) and I am contemplating the idea of shipping it here from Italy and registering it here during the spring.

Any suggestions on shipping companies which perform international car shipments?

Any suggestions on where to service an Esprit in Toronto?

It would be very nice to meet some of you to talk Lotus if anybody happens to live in or around Toronto!

Cheers!

Jollyroger

Edited by jollyroger

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Garry.....

There's nothing wrong with Calypso Red Esprits. That's a proper sports car colour !

Hello everybody,

thanks for the welcome :-)

Thanks for the tips, I believe I have read everything that is humanly possible about importing cars to Canada, and I believe I can import it for two reasons:

1) Right now I am on a 1 year work permit, and that should allow me to import my own car with some restrictions (I cannot sell it, and I cannot register it with Ontario plates) for the duration of the work permit itself.

2) In April 2009 my S4 will be exactly 15 years old :-), that means I should be able to import the S4 and register it here with no restrictions whatsoever.

Is anybody here from Toronto by the way? I would really love to meet someone local for a chat! :-)

Cheers!

Jollyroger

Hi Francesco,

Myself and Rogue S1 are fairly close to Toronto, just 25 minutes west of the city in Milton. There are a few more of us in the area, as we had a total of four on a Lotus club fall drive a few months ago. So welcome to Canada and bring her over! :)

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Hello Patrick,

thank you very much for your welcome!

Any chance we could meet up somewhere for a drink and a chat over the next few weeks?

I am in the middle of a debate on whether to get the S4 here, or whether to look for another Esprit (V8 perhaps), so I would love to talk to someone who has owned a recent V8 for a while...

Cheers!

Francesco

Edited by jollyroger

Sounds good! I sent you a PM.

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

• 2 months later...

Welcome Francesco,

Sorry I haven't combed through the LEF Canada section for a while. As Patrick mentioned I'm in Milton and have an S4 myself. If you two get together, be sure to give me a shout too.

Rob

2 X the fun!

Nose.jpg

Hi Rob,

nice to meet you virtually :-)

I hope that sooner or later we get together for a chat and a drink!

I am still mulling over the possibility of bringing my S4 here, I have received the letter from Lotus that states the exact manufacturing date, which is April 28, 1994; it means that two weeks from now the car will be 15 years old, which virtually eliminates any import restrictions and that is the very reason I am contemplating this possibility...

Francesco